Fast as a speeding “next” until the juvenile court judge showed up and asked for help getting a grant to save money by putting fewer children in jail. One candidate for a board showed up (late) to speak, and I continue to predict he’ll be reappointed tonight: that’s when they vote: tonight at 5:30PM in the Regular Session. Meanwhile, here are videos of this morning’s Lowndes County Commission Work Session.
Here’s the agenda, with a few notes and links to the videos.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, TUESDAY, MAY 28, 2013, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, MAY 28, 2013, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Work Session — May 13, 2013
- Regular Session — May 14, 2013
- Appointment – Valdosta/Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals
County Manager Joe Pritchard said Randall Crews had asked consideration to be reappointed, and Commissioners could see two more names, but he didn’t deign to tell the public who they might be. Crews wasn’t there then, but he did speak later.
- For Consideration
- GEMA Sheltering Memorandum of Agreement
Emergency Director Ashley Tye said it was about renewing an agreement to provide a place for evacuees from the coast to go.
- 2013 Juvenile Justice Incentive Grant Program Application
- Department of Transportation Right of Way Mowing
Commissioner Crawford Powell wanted to know for the $2500 per mile per year how many cuttings a year that would accomplish. Publilc Works Director Robin Cumbus said about four, maybe five.
- Reports-County Manager
- Randall Crews candidate for Valdosta-Lowndes County Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals
He said he is a licensed civil structural engineer operating a small firm in Valdosta. He said the board had only had two [cases?] in the last ten years.
- Executive Session for the discussion of real estate
Joe Pritchard asked for that, and Commissioners voted to do it, so they did.
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard Please State Name And Address
That’s only in the Regular Session, which this time is this same day, tonight, at 5:30 PM.
Here’s a video playlist:
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 28 May 2013.