The longest items at last month’s voting Regular Session were 3 minutes on 5.b. 2020 Census Resolution (due to discussion about the new initially online methods), two minutes on 5.l. Tax Assessment for the Lowndes County School District Bonds (it’s about debt service on ESPLOST), and 1:44 on 5.k. Industrial Authority Bond Issue and Funding (it’s complicated).
The 5.a. FY2020 USGS Joint Funding Agreement, which adds county funding for the Skipper Bridge Withlacoochee River USGS Gauge to the Hahira Little River Gauge the county has been funding since 2009, breezed through.
Below are links to each LAKE video of each agenda item, followed by a LAKE video playlist. See also the agenda, the LAKE videos of the previous morning’s Work Session, and further details in the Board Packet on the LAKE website.
- 1. Call to Order 2. Invocation 3. Pledge
- 4. Minutes for Approvl
- 5a. FY2020 USGS Joint Funding Agreement
- 5b. 2020 Census Resolution
- 5 c. Dedication of Private Roads Resolution
- 5d. Accept Infrastructure for Coventry Villas
- 5e. Accept Utility Infrastructure for Creekside West, Phase 5
- 5f. Accept Infrastructure for Knights Landing, Phase III
- 5h. Beer and Wine License – Naylor’s Pantry – 8777 Hwy. 135
- 5i. Rural Fire Defense Cooperative Lease Agreement
- 5j. Assistance for Turning Lanes for Wiregrass Technical College
- 5 k. Industrial Authority Bond Issue and Funding
- 5 l. Tax Assessment for the Lowndes County School District Bonds
- 6. Reports (none). 7. CWTBH (none) 8. Adjournment
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: River Gauges, Roads, Alcohol, and Fire
Regular Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 2019-10-22.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!