Lowndes County is adding funding for the Skipper Bridge Road Withlacoochee River gauge to its traditional since 2009 funding of the Folsom Bridge GA 122 Little River gauge. That’s $8,300 and $14,200, respectively, with another $5,900 for the Skipper Bridge Gauge from the Suwannee River Water Management District. The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) puts in $900 towards each gauge, or $1800 total. Valdosta still funds the North Valdosta Road US 41 Withlacoochee River Valdosta gauge, and USGS completely funds the US 84 Quitman Withlacoochee River gauge.
Details are in the Board Packet now on the LAKE website, received Friday, October 18, 2019, in response to an open records request.
The rest of the Lowndes County Commission agenda for Monday and Tuesday is dominated by roads: a resolution on criteria for taking private roads into the county public road system, and resolutions taking in roads within several subdivisions:
- Coventry Villas off Mulligan Road,
- Creekside West Subdivision on GA 122 and I-75,
- Knights Landing Subdivision off Bemiss Knights Academy Road,
- Grove Pointe Subdivision off old US 41 North.
There’s also a beer and wine license in Naylor.
And a Rural Fire Defense Cooperative Lease Agreement and MOU, plus a 2020 Census Resolution to establish a count committee.
Here is the agenda:
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2019, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- For Consideration
- FY2020 USGS Joint Funding Agreement
Documents:FY 2020 USGS Joint Funding Agreement.pdf
- 2020 Census Resolution
Documents:2020 Census Resolution.pdf
- Dedication of Private Roads Resolution
- Adopt Resolution Accepting Infrastructure for Coventry Villas Subdivision
- Adopt Resolution Accepting Utility Infrastructure for Creekside West Subdivision, Phase 5
- Adopt Resolution Accepting Infrastructure for Knights Landing Subdivision, Phase III
- Adopt Resolution Accepting Infrastructure for Grove Pointe Subdivision, Phase V
- Beer and Wine License – Manishkumar Patel of Rai Ba Enterprise, LLC DBA Naylor's Pantry – 8777 Hwy. 135, Naylor, GA
- Rural Fire Defense Cooperative Lease Agreement and MOU
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!