with detailed definitions and tax classifications for every occupation in the county.
The mysterious Joint Ordinance the Planning Commission keeps cryptically alluding to turns out to be about revising the charter of the Planning Commission to add Remerton, to note Lowndes County now handles GLPC’s budget, and other updates.
The county is applying for a Georgia Department of Transportation Local Maintenance & Improvement Grant (LMIG) for resurfacing roads, many of them in subdivisions.
And a GDOT grant for the MIDS on-call bus system.
The county is approving Approval of the Submittal Resolution for the CDBG-EIP Grant Application for Street Paving and Drainage Improvements to Support the Arglass Project, with $750,000 to come from CDBG-EIP funds, and the remainder of $325,591 from the Valdosta-Lowndes Development Authority. The county also has A Resolution to Support Eliminating Through Tractor Trailer Truck Traffic Downtown Valdosta. And it is fixing a misfiling of the deed for Chitty Park by transfering it to VLPRA for VLPRA to then transfer back to Lowndes County.
Received 3:48 PM, Friday, November 8, 2019, “The agenda packet for next week’s meetings is attached. The October 21 & 22, 2019, minutes will be available Monday.” That Lowndes County Commission in response to a LAKE open records request is now on the LAKE website.
Here is the agenda.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2019, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearing
- For Consideration
- Solicitor-General’s VOCA Continuation Grant
- Solicitor-General’s Office VAWA Continuation Grant Application
- Approval of DA’s Federal VOCA Grant Application Renewal
- Georgia Department of Transportation Local Maintenance & Improvement Grant (LMIG)
- Grant Re-Application for the Rural Transportation Program and Associated Resolution
- Approval of the Submittal Resolution for the CDBG-EIP Grant Application for Street Paving and Drainage Improvements to Support the Arglass Project
- A Resolution to Support Eliminating Through Tractor Trailer Truck Traffic Downtown
- Transfer of Chitty Park to Parks and Recreation Authority
- Greater Lowndes Planning Commission Joint Ordinance / Agreement
- Hart Road Lift Station Pump
Documents:Hart Road Lift Station Pump.pdf
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!