The longest item at yesterday morning’s Work Session was the unscheduled 8. Reports County Manager – Recognition of Fire Safety. The whole thing took less than nine minutes. They vote tonight at 5:30 PM.
Second longest was the Solicitor General combining the two items on Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).
Third longest was 7.a.Judicial and Administrative Complex Roof Cleaning
- 1. Call to Order. Chairman Comments (Veterans Day)
- 4. Minutes for Approval
- 5a. Revision of the County Occupation Tax Ordinance
- 6a. Solicitor-General’s VOCA Continuation Grant
- 6b. Solicitor-General’s Office VAWA Continuation Grant Application
- 6 c. Approval of DA’s Federal VOCA Grant Application Renewal
- 6d.Georgia Department of Transportation (LMIG)
- 6e.Grant Re-Application for the Rural Transportation Program
- [Private video]
- 6g. Resolution to Support Eliminating Tractor Trailer Truck Traffic in VLD
- 6 h. Transfer of Chitty Park to Parks and Recreation Authority
- 6 i. Greater Lowndes Planning Commission Joint Ordinance
- 6 j. Hart Road Lift Station Pump
- 7a.Judicial and Administrative Complex Roof Cleaning
- 7 b. Bids for a New Generator for 911
- 8. Reports County Manager – Recognition of Fire Safety
- 10. Adjournment
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: Grants and bids, Law, Transportation, Water, and Roof Cleaning
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 2019-11-11.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!