Not on the agenda for the 9 June 2015 Regular Session: settlement agreement for the county’s unnecessary lawsuit against Deep South Sanitation. Commissioners had no questions, but I have two:
- how much did the county spend on the lawsuit?
- how much did the county end up paying DSS?
Also unscheduled: Recognition of Leadership Lowndes Attendees.
Citizen Billy Rowland had some comments about road grading and wondered how Animal Control could come take his dog from his posted property yet not do anything when he reported barking dogs.
They approved a Scruggs Co. contract for Paving on Coppage Road, which includes curb and gutter to save some of the tree canopy. They approved a Bid for Bemiss Road Mowing even though it’s a state highway, plus a Bid for a Zero-Turn Mower for the Public Works Department from Nashville Tractor. They approved the Bid for a Fire Pumper for Lowndes County Fire Rescue and the LCSO Patrol Car Laptops Lease Purchase and tabled the Lowndes Middle School Utility Service from Valdosta utilities.
Via LAKE open records request, see the board packet item for the complicated Moody Activity Zones Text Amendments to the Unified Land Development Code that were tabled for more time at the Tuesday June 9th 2015 Regular Session of the Lowndes County Commission. See the LAKE videos of the Planning Commission meeting that considered the MAZ and the rezonings on this agenda. The Shiver and Kinsey rezonings were were approved unanimously with no speakers from the public and no Commissioner comments. The Orchard at Stone Creek rezoning discussion about a retirement home lasted for 14 minutes, including updated maps that were only provided to LAKE on paper, despite a request for electronic copy. See also the agenda and the LAKE videos of the previous morning’s Work Session.
- 1. Call to Order 2. Invocation 3. Pledge
- Recognition of Leadership Lowndes Attendees
- 4. Minutes for Approval
- 5.a. REZ-2015-09 Hilda Shiver, Mt. Zion Rd, E-A to R-A,
- 5.b. REZ-2015-10 Janice Kinsey, Touchton Rd, R-A to R-1
- 5.c. REZ-2015-11 The Orchard at Stone Creek Tillman Crossing R-10 to PD
- 5.d. Text amendments to ULDC: Moody Activity Zoning Districts
- 6.a. LCSO Patrol Car Laptops Lease Purchase
- 6.b. Lowndes Middle School Utility Service
- 6.c. Utility Relocation for the Replacement of Franks Creek Bridge
- 7.a. Paving on Coppage Road
- 7.b. Bid for Tractor for the Public Works Department
- 7.c. Bid for Bemiss Road Mowing
- 7.d. Bid for a Fire Pumper for Lowndes County Fire Rescue
- 7.e. Bid for a Zero-Turn Mower for the Public Works Department
- 8. Reports – County Manager – Resolution of Deep South Litigation
- 9. CWTBH – Billy Rowland
- 10. Meeting Adjournment
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: Deep South Sanitation litigation resolution, Animals, MAZ, Water, School
Regular Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 9 June 2015.