Attorney had to remind Commissioners that a road abandonment such as for Buck Cato Road requires a public hearing. They declared the solid waste equipment surplus to be leased to “prospective franchisees” such as DSS; County Manager said “we have the lease agreement here”, but did not put it on the county’s website for the public to see. County agent arrived just in time to hear the Langdale bid accepted for a truck for the Extension Service. They accepted the Lee Office Supply bid for Emergency Operations Center tables and chairs. And of course they approved the Interconnection of North Lowndes and Kinderlou Water Systems and the GEFA Loan Modification for the Alapaha Water Treatment Plant. They started a minute late. At the end, after the County Manager had no report and no citizens wished to be heard, as usual they adjourned without a vote.
This was all at the afternoon Lowndes County Regular Session. For background and more details, see the LAKE videos fo day as the morning Work Session and same day and time as the Planning Commission meeting.
- 1. Call to Order, 2. Invocation, 3. Pledge
- 4. Minutes for Approval
- 5.a. GEFA Loan Modification
- 5.b. Abandonment of Buck Cato Road (CR 880)
- 5.c. Declaration of Vehicles as Surplus and Authorization to Sell
- 6.a. Bid for 3/4 Ton Truck for Extension Service
- 6.b. Bid for Tables and Chairs for EOC
- 6.c. Interconnection of North Lowndes and Kinderlou Water Systems
- 7. Report – County Manager (none) 8. CWTBH (none) 9. Adjournment
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: Regular Session GEFA, road abandonment, bids, and water
Regular Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 26 May 2015.