Remerton can’t use SPLOST VI funds for an office building, since the old mill building intended for that has been torn down. That was the longest item in the Lowndes County Commission Work Seesion of December 9, 2019: 7. Reports – County Manager – Remerton SPLOST Resolution.
Then Commissioner Clay Griner moved to go into Executive Session to discuss personnel. Chairman Bill Slaughter reminded him the Commission has only one employee. Griner agreed, and they went into Executive Session. The one employee is the County Manager.
They breezed through everything else their last meeting of calendar year 2019.
- 1. Call to Order 4. MInutes for Approval
- 5a. Decorative Lighting – GA Hwy 122, Whitewater Road
- 5b. REZ-2019-15 Hogan Property, US Hwy 41 S. E-A/R-1/M-1 to M-2
- 5c. REZ-2019-16 Bailey, 6529 Skipper Bridge E-A to R-A
- 5d. EZ-2019-17 Quillian Powell, 2686 Loch Laurel, R-1 to E-A
- 5e. REZ-2019-18 Davis, 2180 New Statenville Hwy E-A & R-1 to R-1
- 6 a. Adoption of the 2020 – 2021 Budget Calendar
- 6b. Beer license DBA Eagle Food Mart – 4952 Bemiss Rd
- 6 c. Francis Lake Lift Station Pump
- 6 d. Termination of Lease – Public Defender (BOA Building)
- 6 e. Hahira Extraterritorial Water and Sewer Service Extensions
- 6 f. 2020 Holiday Schedule
- 6 g. Section 125 Plan Document Renewal for 2020
- 6h. 2020 Workers’ Compensation Insurance Renewal
- 6 i. Approval of the 2020 Commission Meeting Calendar
- 6j. Accountability Court Lowndes County DUI Court
- 7. Reports – County Manager – Remerton SPLOST Resolution
- 9. Meeting Adjournment
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: End-of-calendar-year wrapup and Remerton SPLOST Resolution
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 2019-12-09.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!