For two out of three boards, they came up with one name between Monday morning and Tuesday evening. No one applied for the Lowndes County Development Authority; instead they appointed Gary Moser who applied to be on Planning Commission. They reappointed Franklin Bailey, head of homebuilders association, to the Planning Commission, plus they appointed Ed Hightower to finish the unexpired term of Brad Folsom. They appointed Dr. Frances Brown to the Lowndes County Board of Health. And the County Manager recognized Public Works for their good work during the recent storms.
Below are links to each LAKE video of each item, with a few notes, followed by a LAKE video playlist. See also the LAKE videos of the previous morning’s Work Session and the notes on the agenda.
- 1. Call to Order 2. Invocation 3. Pledge
- 4. Minutes for Approval
- 5 a. Development Authority of Lowndes County Appointment
- 5 b. Greater Lowndes Planning Commission Appointments
- 5 c. Lowndes County Board of Health Appointment
- 6 a. Adoption of the 2018-2019 Budget Calendar
- 6b. Beer and Wine License – Fred’s Store # 3115, 4401 Bemiss Rd
- 6 c. Workers’ Compensation Insurance Renewal
- 7 a. Bid for Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus Equipment
- 8. Reports – County Manager – Public Works Recognition
- 9. CWTBH (none) 10. Meeting Adjournment
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: Public Works, Development, Planning, Health Board Appointments, budget, qualifying
Regular Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, January 9, 2018.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!