Update 2021-12-01: Videos: An inappropriate rezoning unanimously opposed, but beware return with different acreage @ GLPC 2021-11-29
There’s been alarm in the northwest part of Lowndes County for a month about the 34-acre Miller Bridge Road rezoning. And there are three more big rezonings on the agenda tonight for the Greater Lowndes Planning Commission, on Rocky Ford Road, Val Tech Road, and Seminole Drive.
Those are Lowndes County cases, plus two more small rezonings.
The four Valdosta cases include one “CUP for very high density MultiFamily residential in C-C zoning” on West Hill Avenue, which sounds like a better idea than more sprawl out into the county.
Below is the agenda plus some maps from the Lowndes County Tax Assessors.
Greater Lowndes Planning Commission
~ Lowndes County ~ City of Valdosta ~ City of Dasher ~
~ City of Hahira ~ City of Lake Park ~ City of Remerton ~
Monday, November 22, 2021 5:30 P.M. Work Session
Monday, November 29, 2021 5:30 P.M. Regular Session
Lowndes County South Health District Administrative Office
325 West Savannah Avenue, Valdosta, Georgia
- Call to Order, Pledge, and Invocation
- Approval of the Meeting Minutes: October 25, 2021
City of Valdosta Cases:
FINAL ACTION by the City of Valdosta Mayor-Council, 216 E. Central Avenue,
Valdosta, Georgia, Valdosta City Hall, Council Chambers, 2nd Floor
Thursday, December 9th, 2021, 5:30 p.m.
Point of Contact: Matt Martin – Planning and Zoning Administrator (229) 259-3563
- VA-2021-18 True North Companies, 2320 North Patterson Street, Rezone 4.48 acres from O-P(c) to R-P
- CU-2021-06 Serenity Springs, 2717 Windemere Drive, CUP for a Personal Service Shop in O-P zoning
- CU-2021-07 Panache Salon & Spa 2310 Bemiss Road, CUP for a Personal Service Shop in R-P zoning
- CU-2021-08 Courlley LLC 218 West Hill Avenue, CUP for very high density MultiFamily residential in C-C zoning
Lowndes County Cases:
FINAL ACTION by the Lowndes County Board of Commissioners, 327 N. Ashley Street,
Valdosta, Georgia, Lowndes County Judicial and Administrative Complex Commission
Chambers, 2nd Floor, Tuesday December 14th, 2021, 5:30 pm
Point of Contact: JD Dillard, Director – Planning & Zoning, (229) 671-2430
- REZ-2021-25 Etheridge, Parker Rd., 0031 026A, 5.6 ac., well & septic, EA to RA
- REZ-2021-26 Ridgecrest at Rocky Ford, Rocky Ford Rd., 0059 093, ±37 ac., County Utilities, M2 to R10
- REZ-2021-27 Charles Flythe, Val Tech Rd., 0055 015, 015A, 015B, 017, 16.2 ac., well & septic, CH to R1
- REZ-2021-28 Windy Hill S/D, 7532 Miller Bridge Rd., 0010 022, 34 ac., Community well & septic, EA to R1
- REZ-2021-29 LR83 LLC, 5716 Race Track Rd., 0033 146, 3.6 ac., well & septic, RA to R1
- REZ-2021-30 Interstate Land Management LLC, 1929 Seminole Dr., 0085 061, 065, 072, 052, & 074, 66.6 ac., well & septic, R1 to RA
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!