They vote tonight at 5:30 PM. Below are links to the LAKE video for each agenda item from the Work Session, with a very few notes, followed by a LAKE video playlist. See also the agenda. For the rezoning, see also the LAKE videos of last month’s Planning Commission meeting.
5a. Lowndes County Division of Family and Children Services Board
Video. They are considering reappointing Mrs. Elsie Napier. She did not speak, but here’s video of her previously speaking at the Valdosta City Council about community grants.
Photo: Gretchen Quarterman, still of LAKE video of Elsie Napier at Valdosta City Council, 2016-10-05.
- 6a. REZ-2019-05 JSMI, LLC, 4555 Old Hwy 41 N., R-1 to O-I
- 7a. Beer License – Bigfoot Travel Center #926 – 7212 Lakes Blvd
- 7b. Beer & Wine License – Misha Food Mart – 5139 Madison Hwy.
- 8a. Bid for Purchase of Structural Fire Fighting Gear
- 8 c. 2019 Resurfacing of Five County Roads
- 8 d. 2019 Re-striping of Four County Roads
- 9. Reports – County Manager (none)
- Stand by for Special Session
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: DFSCS Board appts, Old Hwy 41 N rezoning, paving, and alcohol
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, April 8, 2019.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!