On the agenda for this morning is reappointing Mrs. Elsie Napier to the Lowndes County Division of Family and Children Services Board. I don’t know if she will speak, but here’s video of her previously speaking at the Valdosta City Council about community grants.
Photo: Gretchen Quarterman, still of LAKE video of Elsie Napier at Valdosta City Council, 2016-10-05.
There’s also a rezoning for offices on Old US 41 North, two alcohol licenses, a Bid for Purchase of Structural Fire Fighting Gear, and two road paving items, for Boring Pond Lane and 2019 Resurfacing of Five County Roads, plus 2019 Re-striping of Four County Toads.
They expect this Work Session to take less than 15 minutes, since they have a Special Called Meeting at 8:45 AM: “There could be a slight delay if the work session runs longer than expecte.” Why they couldn’t wait one day to vote on that also in tomorrow’s Regular Session is mysterious.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, APRIL 8, 2019, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, APRIL 9, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Lowndes County Division of Family and Children Services Board
Appoint/reappoint a member
Documents:Lowndes County DFCS Board.pdf
- Public Hearing
- REZ-2019-05 JSMI, LLC, 4555 Old Hwy 41 N., R-1 to O-I, County Water & Sewer, 9.2 Acres
GLPC Recommendation: approval
TRC: no objectionable comments
- For Consideration
- Beer License – Hardik Patel of DHWEA #1, Inc. DBA Bigfoot Travel Center #926 – 7212 Lakes Blvd., Lake Park, GA
Approval of beer license
- Beer & Wine License – Kamlesh C. Patel of Kasumbal 5139, LLC DBA Misha Food Mart – 5139 Madison Hwy., Valdosta, GA
Approval of beer and wine license
- Bid for Purchase of Structural Fire Fighting Gear
Authorize purchase of gear
- Boring Pond Lane Improvements
Documents:Boring Pond Lane Improvements.pdf
- 2019 Resurfacing of Five County Roads
- 2019 Re-striping of Four County Toads
Documents:2019 Restriping of Four County Roads.pdf
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!