They vote this evening on what you can see them discussing yesterday morning in these LAKE videos of the Lowndes County Commission Work Session. The longest business item was not even a minute and a half on REZ-2017-12 West Ridge Business Park.
By far the longest item was not on the agenda: 11. Reports – County Manager a. Steve Gupton- LODAC Presentation, about a local drug counseling organization, originally private, but for long now funded by Valdosta and Lowndes County plus grants. As one of the presenters noted, probably only Commissioner Joyce Evans was thoroughly familiar with LODAC.
Below are links to each LAKE video of the Monday, December 11, 2017, Lowndes County Commission Work Session, followed by a LAKE video playlist. See also the agenda. For the four rezonings, see also the LAKE videos of last month’s Planning Commission meeting. Soon: REZ-2017-14 Cothron, Tucker Rd went to ZBOA for a variance, too.
- 1. Call to Order 6. Minutes for Approval
- 7a. Appointment Conference Center and Tourism Authority
- 7b. Appointment Valdosta-Lowndes County Development (Industrial) Authority
- 8 a. REZ-2017-12 West Ridge Business Park, C-G to C-H, 1.2 acres
- 8 b. REZ-2017-13 Quattlebaum-Meadors, N Valdosta RD, R-21 to C-H, 3.46 acres
- 8 c. REZ-2017-14 Cothron, Tucker Rd, E-A to R-A, ~5 acres
- 8 d. REZ-2017-15 The Flythe Co., 3885 Old US Hwy 41 N, E-A to C-G, .41 acres
- 8e. Special Tax Lighting Districts (Ivy Gate, Grove Pointe, & Walker Run)
- 8 f. Abandonment of Lane Rd. and a portion Sheavette Rd.
- 8g. Beer, Wine and Liquor License Rascal’s Bar and Grill, 4875 Hwy 41 S.
- 9 a. Accept infrastructure for Brookwood Place Subdivision
- 9b. Accept infrastructure for Grove Pointe Subdivision Phase VI
- 9c. ACCG IRMA Firefighters’ Cancer and Long Term Disability Benefit
- 9 d. 2018 Holiday Schedule
- 9 e. Approval of the 2018 Commission Meeting Calendar
- 9f. Accountability Court Lowndes County DUI Court- State Court
- 9 i. Deen’s LLC & MW Consulting & Associates LLC Contract
9h. Rules and Regulations Governing Administration of OCGA 48-5-380
The governing authority of any county, by resolution, and the governing authority of any municipality, by ordinance, shall adopt rules and regulations governing the administration of this Code section and may delegate the administration of this Code section, including the approval or disapproval of claims where the reason for the claim is based on an obvious clerical error, to an appropriate department in local government. In disputed cases where there is no obvious error, the approval or disapproval of claims may not be delegated by the governing authority.
- 9 j. GMASS Rural Land Maintenance Contract
- 10 a. Bids – Fire/Rescue Station 10 Warehouse Build Out
- 11. Reports – County Manager a. Steve Gupton- LODAC Presentation
- 13. Meeting Adjournment
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: Tucker Rd, West Ridge Business Park, Appointments VLCCCTA, VLCIA
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, December 11, 2017.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!