We can probably guess who “Dr. Grow” is and the general topic of his presentation, but why does the county make us guess? The county wants an architect for a new roof and shower in one jail pod; it’s considering two interagency agreements, one for Valdosta Inspections for Lake Park and the other for the county extension, plus setting election qualifying fees and a Special Assessment Rate for 2014. There’s a beer license and acceptance of infrastructure for part of Grove Pointe Subdivision.
Here’s the agenda:
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, JANUARY 13, 2014, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, JANUARY 14, 2014, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street — 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Resolution-ACCG on the Occasion of its Centennial
- Minutes for Approval
- For Consideration
- Intergovernmental Agency Agreement- Valdosta Inspections for Lake Park
- Agreement between the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia and the Lowndes County Board of Commissioners for Fort Valley State University County Extension Program and County Extension Personnel Contract/Memorandum of Understanding between the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia on Behalf of the University of Georgia Cooperative Extension and the Lowndes County Board of Commissioners
- Set Qualifying Fees
- Beer License —Quick Mart —1111 Lakes Blvd.
- Special Assessment Rate for 2014
- Architect for Lowndes County Jail Pod ‘A’ New Roof and Shower Rebuild Design
- Adopt Resolution accepting infrastructure for Grove Pointe Subdivision Phase IV Section 2
It got a special tax lighting district in November and only now the county is proposing to accept Grove Point Phase IV’s infrastructure?
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance Renewal
- Reports-County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard Please State Name And Address
- Dr. Grow Presentation
Presumably they mean Dr. William Grow, District Health Director, but why leave us guessing?