Update 2022-05-23: Regular Session Videos: Seven minutes for three appointments, one subdivision streets, and alcohol, plus long County Manager Reports @ LCC 2022-05-10.
In the five-minute Work Session yesterday morning, the few Commissioners who showed up breezed through everything with no discussion. Commissioners Scottie Orenstein and Clay Griner were absent, even though this is in their districts: 6.b. Adopt Resolution Accepting Infrastructure for Grove Pointe Phase V Sect 2. But of course it is expected that the Commission will approve that item this evening at 5:30 PM. County Manager Paige Dukes was also absent, in her case due to illness.
Below are links to each LAKE video of each agenda item, followed by a LAKE video playlist. There are no notes, because nothing happened worth commenting on. See also the agenda and board packet, received in response to a LAKE open records request. See also numerous previous appearances by Grove Point[e], with or without the final letter e. That subdivision on Old US 41 N near Valwood School goes back at least to 2006.
- 1. Call to Order 4. Minutes for Approval
- 5.a. Valdosta-Lowndes County Airport Authority
- 5.b. Lowndes County Public Facilities Authority
- 5.c. Southern Georgia Area Agency on Aging
- 6.a. Beer, Wine and Liquor License – Fast Break Liquors – 4593 N Valdosta Road B
- 6.b. Adopt Resolution Accepting Infrastructure for Grove Pointe Phase V Sect 2
- 7. Reports (none – county manager was abesnt) 9. Adjournment
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: Five minutes for three appointments, one subdivision streets, and alcohol @ LCC
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission, Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, Monday, May 5, 2022.
Videos by Grechen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE).
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!