A Valdosta deannexation and a Lowndes County rezoning case seem linked, although that is not obvious by the agenda for Monday’s Greater Lowndes County Planning Commission. See the next blog post for how.
Here is the agenda.
Greater Lowndes Planning Commission
~ Lowndes County ~ City of Valdosta ~ City of Dasher ~
~ City of Hahira ~ City of Lake Park ~ City of Remerton ~
Monday, July 19, 2021 5:30 P.M. Work Session
Monday, July 26, 2021 5:30 P.M. Regular Session
Lowndes County South Health District Administrative Office
325 West Savannah Avenue, Valdosta, Georgia
- Call to Order, Pledge, and Invocation
- Approval of the Meeting Minutes: June 28, 2021
City of Valdosta Cases:
FINAL ACTION by the City of Valdosta Mayor-Council, 216 E. Central Avenue,
Valdosta Georgia, Valdosta City Hall, Council Chambers, 2nd Floor
Thursday, August 5th, 2021, 5:30 p.m.
Point of Contact: Matt Martin – Planning and Zoning Administrator (229) 259-3563
- CU-2021-03 SHJ Construction Group (3205 Inner Perimeter Road) CUP for a Car Wash and Quick Oil Change business in a C-C zoning district.
- VA-2021-15 SW North Valdosta LLC (3277 North Valdosta Road) Rezone 0.59 acres from R-15 to C-C
- VA-2021-16 Uvalde Land Co. (Cherry Creek — Withlacoochee River) Deannex 310 acres from the City of Valdosta
Lowndes County Cases:
FINAL ACTION by the Lowndes County Board of Commissioners, 327 N. Ashley Street
Valdosta, Georgia, Lowndes County Judicial and Administrative Complex
Commission Chambers, 2nd Floor, Tuesday, August 10th, 2021, 5:30 pm
Point of Contact: JD Dillard, Director – Planning & Zoning, (229) 671-2430
- REZ-2021-12 US Hwy 84W (I-75 Industrial Park), Hwy 84W & Wetherington Lane, 0058 082, 282.05 ac., M-1/M-2/P-D to M-1/M-2/P-D (Amendment)
- REZ-2021-13 The Val Del Villas, Val Del Rd., 0072 061C, 28.4 ac., P-D to PD (Amendment)
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!
Pingback: Deannexation east of Withlacoochee River linked to subdivision west @ GLPC 2021-07-26 | On the LAKE front
Pingback: Why Withlacoochee River floodplain deannexation from Valdosta? @ GLPC 2021-07-26 2021-07-26 | WWALS Watershed Coalition (WWALS) is Suwannee RIVERKEEPER®