Less than a million tax dollar expenditures to be decided upon Tuesday after discussion Monday, by the Lowndes County Commission. Not counting future expenses from accepting streets for a subdivision, and not county almost half a million in insolvent taxes to be written off.
|$274,780.32||Purchase of Trucks for Various Departments on State Contract|
|$236,056.00||Bid for Four (4) Tractors for Public Works|
|$71,600.00||Bid for Four (4) Bat-Wing Mowers for Public Works|
|$60,421.00||Bid for Washers/Dryers for Fire Stations|
|$47,500.00||Val-Tech Booster Station Generator|
|$6,000.00||Bids for Bottled Water Service|
This, Acceptance of Infrastructure for Two Oaks Subdivision Phase II, will result in ongoing tax dollar expenses for sending school buses, sheriff, fire and rescue, and repairs to water and sewer and streets. But the County Commission never counts that in its budget. They also don’t count as related however many millions they’ve already spent preparing roads, water, and sewer for a subdivision.
Also not included is the $437,823.30 to be written off the tax rolls as insolvent, due to statute of limitations, moved property out of the county, etc., at the request of the Tax Commissioner.
Not the same as the Valdosta-Lowndes Development Authority: “The terms of Commissioner Clay Griner, Mr. Crawford Powell, and Mr. Barry Broome to the Lowndes County Development Authority will expire on June 8, 2021. They have all expressed an interest in being reappointed.”
I wonder what this was about, in the May-10-2021-Work-Session-Minutes.pdf”> Minutes of the previous Work Session? “County Attorney, Walter Elliott, requested in writing, that the regular session minutes be revised regarding the motion to enter the executive session meeting.”
The board packet, received in response to a LAKE open records request, is on the LAKE website: https://www.l-a-k-e.org/govt/loco/2021-05-24–lcc-packet
Here is the agenda.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, MAY 24, 2021, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, MAY 25, 2021, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Recognition of the Lowndes County 4-H Archery Team (Regular Session)
- Minutes for Approval
- For Consideration
- Insolvent List – Tax Commissioner
Documents:Insolvent List – Tax Commissioner.pdf
- Wine License – Teresa D. Griffin of Georgia Pecan House, Inc., DBA Georgia Pecan House – 3473 Madison Hwy., Valdosta, GA
- Lease-Purchase Agreement for Radios
Documents:Lease-Purchase Agreement for Radios.pdf
- Acceptance of Infrastructure for Two Oaks Subdivision Phase II
- Bids for Bottled Water Service
Documents:Bids for Bottled Water Service.pdf
- Purchase of Trucks for Various Departments on State Contract
- Bid for Washers/Dryers for Fire Stations
- Bid for Four (4) Bat-Wing Mowers for Public Works
- Bid for Four (4) Tractors for Public Works
- Val-Tech Booster Station Generator
Documents:Val-Tech Booster Station Generator.pdf
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!