With no prior notice to the public, and no invitation for people to apply, the Lowndes County Commission will appoint members to three boards:
- Ms. Kelly Saxon reappointment to the Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities
- Mr. Gary Wisenbaker appointment to the Valdosta-Lowndes Metropolitan Planning Organization (VLMPO)
- Mrs. Creacy Sermons appointment to the Valdosta-Lowndes County Conference Center and Tourism Authority
Valdosta Daily Times: Sermons named Soror of the Year for 2016.
As usual, the county did not publish the applications the applicants turned in, nor any information about them. You could file an open records request for those, but three days from when the agenda is posted on Friday is after they vote on Tuesday.
You do still have time to turn in your own application if you want to be on one of these boards.
So the Monday morning Work Session will probably last less than ten minutes.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, APRIL 22, 2019, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, APRIL 23, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities
Appoint/reappoint a member.
- Valdosta-Lowndes Metropolitan Planning Organization (VLMPO)
Appoint a member.
- Valdosta-Lowndes County Conference Center and Tourism Authority
Appoint a member
- Public Hearing
- For Consideration
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!