An Executive Session for pending or potential litigation: are they going to sue Deep South Sanitation again? Some of them sure seem to want to find any excuse not to re-approve DSS’s franchise, which was the longest item at three minutes.
Second longest was two minutes for the Bid for Mini Excavator for the Utilities Department. Slow morning at the County Commission.
Below are links to each LAKE video with a very few notes, followed by a LAKE video playlist. See also agenda. They vote this evening at 5:30 PM.
- 1. Call to Order 4. Minutes for Approval
- 5 a. Street Lighting Ordinance
- 6 a. OneGeorgia Equity Fund Application
- 6a. One Georgia Equity Fund (pt 2)
- 6b. Infrastructure for Creekside West Phase 3B
- 6 c. MoU for GDOT I-75
- 6d. MoU for GDOT I-75
- 6 e. Quit Claim Deed for Abandoned Drainage Easement Schoolhouse Pond Road
- 6 f. Stone Creek Backup Well
- 6 g. Purchase of New Anti-Virus Software
- 6 h. Advanced Disposal Solid Waste Franchise
6 i. Deep South Solid Waste Franchise
Video. They should get their insurance and performance bond shortly. Chairman Bill Slaughter wants it by the time they vote Tuesday evening. Commissioner Mark Wisenbaker seemed to think Valdosta Insurance could get that done by then. BTW, Friday is March 30, not April 1st.
- 6 j. Purchase of CivicClerk software from CivicPlus
- 7 a. Bid for Mid-Size Trucks for Public Works
- 7 b. Bid for Mini Excavator for the Utilities Department
- 8. Reports – County Manager – Executive Session Request
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: Litigation Executive Session, Lighting Ordinance, Drainage, Well, Trash, Software, Trucks
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, March 26, 2018.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!