They actually spent the most time on the fire pages, but the biggest item was renaming Val Tech Road: they decided not to do that, rather to designate “a portion” of it as Wiregrass Technical College Way or something like that.
The meeting lasted more than fifteen minutes, so they’ll probably have to pay staff overtime! Below are links to the LAKE video for each item in the agenda, for yesterday morning’s Regular Session, followed by a LAKE video playlist. See also the LAKE videos of hte previous morning’s Work Session.
- 1. Order 2. Invocation 3. Pledge
- Welcome Sandra Tooley, 4. Minutes for Approval
- 5.a. KLVB Appointments
- 5.b. DFCS Appointments
- 5.b. Table 1 DFCS seat until next meeting
- 5.c. Library Board Appointments
- 5.d. Construction Board Appointments
- 6.a. Renaming Val Tech Road
- 7.a. Evidence Based Associates Service Agreement
- 7.b. Request to Purchase 800 MHz Fire Pagers
- 7.c. ACCG IRMA Liability Program Renewal
- 7.d. Consulting Arrangement with Parker and Lucy Green
- 8. No Report — County Manager
- 9. No Citizens Wishing to Be Heard, 10. Adjourn
Here is a LAKE video playlist:
Regular Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, July 25, 2017.
Videos by John S. Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE).
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!