A month ago, nobody on the County Commission or staff knew how much the extra equipment might cost for the three Sheriff’s pursuit vehicles, but they awarded the bid to Langdale Ford anyway. The automobile dealer on the Commission did have some computations on why the higher bid might be more cost-effective. “We have the bids in the room” said the County Engineer, recommending awarding $1,188,500 to the Scruggs Company for Graded Aggregate Base, Curb-and-Gutter and Asphalt. He also noted “they will come in and place the curb and gutter”. The County Engineer also announced flashing and then regular traffic lights at Tillman Crossing on Old US 41 North.
Commissioner Demarcus Marshall is holding a Town Hall December 15th.
Here’s the agenda. See also the LAKE videos of the previous morning’s Work Session. Below are links to each of the videos of the Regular Session, followed by a video playlist. Meanwhile, they already met again this morning and will vote again Tuesday evening.
- 1. Call to Order 2. Invocation 3. Pledge
- 4. Minutes for Approval
- 5.a. Decorative Special Tax Lighting District, Gramercy Subdivision
- 6.a. Agreement for Services with Evidence Based Associates
- 6.b. Service Contract for the Public Service Radio System (PSRS)
- 6.c. Decommission and Removal of Old Motorola Radio System
- 6.d. LAS Aerators
- 6.e. Grant Re-Application for Rural Transportation Program & Associated Resolution
- 6.f. Solicitor-General’s VOCA “New Money” Award
- 6.g. Set Qualifying Fees
- 6.h. 2016 Holiday Schedule
- 7.a. Bid on Three Pursuit Vehicles for the Sheriff’s Office
- 7.b. Bids for Unit Cost Pricing, Graded Aggregate Base, Curb-and-Gutter & Asphalt
- 8. Reports – County Manager: US 41 N signals and County Fire events
- 9. CWTBH: Chairman thanked veterans & Marines; Comm. Marshall Town Hall 2015-12-15
- 9. CWTBH Three dogs on Alexandria Street perhaps without shelter –Judy Havercamp
- 9. CWTBH: Barking dogs and arson on Rowland Road –Billy Rowland
- 10. Adjournment
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: Law, radio, solid waste, busses, and qualifying fees
Regular Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 10 November 2015.