Here’s the agenda.
REGULAR MEETING OF THE VALDOSTA CITY COUNCIL
5:30 PM Thursday, September 11, 2014
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
- Opening Ceremonies
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag
- Awards and Presentations
- Consideration of the September, 2014 Employee of the Month Award (Stephanie Blanton, Community Development Department).
- Minutes Approval
- Public Hearings
- Consideration of an Ordinance for a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for an accessory dwelling unit in a Single-Family Residential (R-15) Zoning District as requested by Alex and Deborah Martin (File No. CU-2014-06). The property is located at 602 Pine Point Circle. The Greater Lowndes Planning Commission reviewed this request at their August Regular Meeting and recommended approval with two conditions (7-0 vote).
- Consideration of an Ordinance for two Conditional Use Permits (CUP) for a flea market and an event center as requested by Mike Gung (File No. CU-2014-07). The property is located at 1409 North Ashley Street. This case is recommended to be tabled for one month.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone 1.24 acres from Single-Family Residential (R-15) to Office-Professional (O-P) as requested by the City of Valdosta (File No. VA- 2014-08). The properties are located at 2413 and 2415 North Oak Street. The Greater Lowndes Planning Commission reviewed this request at their August Regular Meeting and recommended approval (7-0 vote).
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone 3.89 acres from Single-Family Residential (R- 10) and Office-Professional (O-P) to Multi-Family Residential (R-M) as requested by Turner Brooks, LLC (File No. VA-2014-07). The properties are located across the street from the Valdosta State University PE Complex at the northwest corner of Baytree Road and Azalea Drive. The Greater Lowndes Planning Commission reviewed this request at their August regular meeting and recommended tabling for two months (5-2 vote).
- Bids, Contracts, Agreements and Expenditures
- Consideration of a request to upgrade the Public Safety Radio System and amend the Public Safety Radio System Intergovernmental Agreement with Lowndes County.
- Consideration of a request to execute a Transportation Enhancement Agreement (TEA) with the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) for Phase 1 of the Martin Luther King (MLK), Jr. Drive Streetscape Project.
- Local Funding and Requests
- Consideration of a request to approve an invoice for emergency sewer repairs at Dukes Bay Canal.
- Consideration of a request to conduct a Classification and Compensation Study for the City of Valdosta.
- Boards, Commissions, Authorities, and Advisory Committees
- City Manager’s Report
- Council Comments
- Citizens to be Heard