$3,200,415.50 was on the agenda for this week, presumably approved by now by the Lowndes County Commission, in which they also appointed Paige Dukes to succeed Joe Pritchard as Lowndes County Manager.
|$2,500,000.00||GEFA Loan Application|
|$289,498.00||Acceptance of FY 2021 Juvenile Justice Incentive Grant|
|$198,775.00||Fiber Optic to Lowndes EOC|
|$102,762.00||Judicial System Software Purchase|
|$45,790.00||Annual Contract Renewal for Mosquito Identification and Testing|
|$40,000.00||Office of the Governor Criminal Justice Coordinating Council Accountability Court Lowndes County DUI Court- State Court|
|$23,590.50||Approval of Clyattstone Rd.-Simpson Ln. ROW and Easement Purchases (Parcels 26 and 34)|
|$0.00||Amendment to TPO Agreement FY2021 – Transit|
That’s 2.6% of the $120 million county annual budget.
Curious that they’re willing to spend $198,775.00 for fast, reliabile, Internet connectivity to their own offices but nothing for the rest of the population of Lowndes County.
I’ve lost track of how much they’ve spent on Clyattstone Road to connect Old US 41 N and Val Del Road to promote development in that area.
I commend the county for the GEFA Loan Application for wastewater utilities projects:
HISTORY, FACTS AND ISSUES: The Georgia Environmental Finance Authority offers funding through the State Revolving Fund. Local governments are able to secure low interest loans to be used for utility projects. Lowndes County has identified several lift station and manhole rehabilitation improvement projects.
The loan can be structured to spread repayment over a period of up to 30 years; however, there is no penalty for paying the loan off early. The proposed interest rate will not exceed 1.94% While the total loan amount is $2,500,000.00 it includes a grant component which allows for forgiveness of up to $625,000.00 of the loan amount. Staff recommends approval of the GEFA Loan Application.
The entire board packet is on the LAKE website. Documents received 12:26 PM, Friday, July 10, 2020, in response to a LAKE open records request. LAKE looks forward to these documents being posted on the county’s own website along with the agenda.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, JULY 13, 2020, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, JULY 14, 2020, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearing
- For Consideration
- Adoption of Fiscal Year 2021 Budget
Documents:Adoption of FY 2021 Budget.pdf
- Beer, Wine, and Liquor License – Saumil Patel and Shiv Patel of Lake Park Liquor, LLC. DBA. Smitty's Liquor – 1265 Lakes Blvd, Lake Park, GA
- Beer and wine license – Mayank Pandya of Lake Park Food Mart, LLC DBA Lake Park Food Mart – 7215 Lakes Blvd, Lake Park, GA
- Fiber Optic to Lowndes EOC
Documents:Fiber Optic to Lowndes EOC.pdf
- Judicial System Software Purchase
Documents:Judicial System Software Purchase.pdf
- Approval of Clyattstone Rd.-Simpson Ln. ROW and Easement Purchases (Parcels 26 and 34)
- Amendment to TPO Agreement FY2021 – Transit
- Acceptance of FY 2021 Juvenile Justice Incentive Grant
- GEFA Loan Application
Documents:GEFA Loan Application.pdf
- Annual Contract Renewal for Mosquito Identification and Testing
- Office of the Governor Criminal Justice Coordinating Council Accountability Court Lowndes County DUI Court- State Court
- Utility Easement Purchases & Release of Utility Easement
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address