In these LAKE videos you can see the Commissioners and staff didn’t mention the contractor for the emergency no-bid $67,822 to fix the Carter Way Culverts owns property on Carter Way. They never said how much the no-bid Old US 41N paving project would cost. Citizen Judy Havercamp thanked the Commission for the recent animal ordinance. She clapped, but did not get shouted down by the deputy; I guess his instructions only apply to people not complimenting the Commission. Citizen John S. Quarterman, president of WWALS Watershed Coalition, Inc., asked for wastewater spills to be posted on the county’s website and sent out by their alert system, and with a written letter updated the Commission on many recent pipeline developments and asked them to rescind their recent Sabal Trail easement or to help in other ways to stop that boondoggle.
Below are the LAKE videos of the Tuesday 12 April 2016 Regular Session, Lowndes County Commission, followed by a video playlist.
- 1. Call to Order 2.Invocation 3. Pledge
- 4. Minutes for Approval (and Chairman’s Recognition of YLead)
- 5.a. Appointments – VLMPO
- 5. a (cont) Recognition of Appointee in Attendance
- 6. a REZ-2016-07 The Meadows, Bemiss Rd, R-A to P-D
- 6.b. REZ-2016-08 Coventry, Mulligan Rd, R-A to P-D,
- 6.c. REZ-2016-09 Jack Schroephfer, New Statenville Hwy,
- 7.a. Quit Claim Deed for Drainage Easement on Guest Road
7.b. Surveying and Engineering Services Old US 41N Phase II
Video. The agenda sheet says “BUDGET IMPACT: $135,000.00 (estimated)” and that the county has received an additional $750,000.000 LMIG grant, plus “The fee schedule is 4% Engineering, 3% Surveying, and 2% Environmental of the cost of construction.” Are those percentages of the $350,000, of the $750,000, or of the total of $1,000,000? In counties where citizens are allowed to speak on any item, someone could have asked and maybe gotten an answer.
- 7.c. Judicial Complex X-Ray Machine Emergency Repairs
- 7.d. Southern Region Traffic Enforcement Network (SRTEN) (withdrawn)
- 7.e. Information Technology Products and Services- Clerk of Court
- 7.f. Declaration of Surplus Equipment and Authorization of Sale
- 7.g. Declaration of Vehicles as Surplus and Authorization of Sale
- 7.h. Carter Way Culverts
- 8.a. Bid for Surveying Equipment
- 8.b. Bid for Right of Way Mowing
- 8.c. Bid for Interstate Exit Mowing
- 9. Reports – County Manager (none)
- 10. CWTBH – Judy Havercamp
- 10. CWTBH – John S. Quarterman
- 11. Meeting Adjournment
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: No-bid Old US 41 N, private Carter Way, VLMPO, Bemiss Road * 2, sewer, safety, and incarceration
Regular Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 12 April 2016.