The annexation request for The Gardens was withdrawn (perhaps because the Lowndes County Commission had already explored options for modifying it or just not annexing it), and the rezoning for the Brookhaven apartments was very unpopular, both for Lake Park, plus a Zoning Ordinance change. The twin Hahira cases to rezone and then annex a lot on the east edge of town sailed through. No city of Valdosta cases this time.
Here’s the agenda, with links to the videos.
Greater Lowndes Planning Commission
Lowndes County City of Valdosta City of Dasher City of Hahira City of Lake Park
REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
AGENDALowndes County South Health District Administrative Office
325 West Savannah Avenue
Monday, March 31, 2014* 5:30 P.M. * Public Hearing
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Hahira Courthouse, 301 W. Main Street, Hahira, Georgia
- HA-2014-01 Melissa Bowman & Laurence Nelson Property Location: 965 East Main Street, Hahira GA
Request to rezone 0.89 acres from Estate Agricultural (E-A)(county) to Single-Family Residential (R-l0)(city)
- HA-2014-02 Melissa Bowman & Laurence Nelson Property Location: 965 East Main Street, Hahira GA
Request to annex 0.89 acres into the City of Hahira
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Lowndes County Judicial and Administrative Complex
Commission Chambers, 2nd Floor
327 North Ashley Strcet, Valdosta, Georgia
- REZ-2014-08 Vicky Biles and Coy Brightwell, Jr. Property Location: 3921 and 3927 Old Pine Road, Valdosta, Georgia
Request to rezone 7.92 acres from R-1 (Low Density Residential) & R-A (Residential Agricultural) to R-10 (Suburban Density Residential)
- REZ-2014-09 Pam Kinsey, Sandra Daughtrey, Wayne Dawkins, Audrey Gail Copeland Property Location: 5724 Dawkins Road, Valdosta, Georgia
Request to rezone 4.23 acres from E-A (Estate Agricultural) & R-1 (Low Density Residential) to R-A (Residential Agricultural) &. E-A (Estate Agricultural)
- REZ-2014-10 Bennett’s Tree Service, Inc. Property Location: 2811 Highway 41 South, Valdosta, Georgia Request to rezone 1.54 acres from C-H (Highway Commercial) & R-21 (Medium Density Residential) to OH (Highway Commercial)
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Lake Park City Hall, 120 N. Essa Street, Lake Park, Georgia
- LP-2014-01 City of Lake Park-Text Amendment to the Lake Park Zoning Ordinance
A text amendment to the Lake Park Zoning Ordinance as it pertains to the creation of a new zoning district, the permitting of dwelling units within the C-C zoning district by Special Exception, and amending the Use Table for One and Two-Family dwelling units.
- LP-2014-02-25 The Gardens Lake Park LP
Property location: 4-H Club Road and Long Pond Road
Request to annex and rezone 10+ acres from R-1 (Low Density Residential) to R-6 (Multi-Family Residential)
- LP-2014-02-26 Brookhaven III Lake Park LP Property location: Lakes Boulevard and Country Lane Request to rezone 5.67 acres from C-C (Community Commercial) to R-6 (Multi-Family Residential)
Video. On a motion from Dr. W. Keith Sandlin, GLPC voted unanimously to deny.
Chairman Ball reminded everyone GLPC only recommends, so the actual decision would be made by the Lake Park City Council the next evening.
Video. Commissioner Hall’s brother died and Commissioner Willis was sick.
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: Lake Park annexation dropped and apartment rezoning unpopular
Regular Session, Greater Lowndes Planning Commission (GLPC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 31 March 2014.