It’s a food festival Saturday in Valdosta! Before, after, or during stocking up on local food at Valdosta Farm Days at the historic Lowndes County Courthouse, you can mosey up Patterson Street to Drexel Park for lunch, music, fun, and education at Earth Day! Drive, bike, or even walk; it’s only a little more than a mile.
Appended is the text of the announcement.
Why should you come? What will be there?….-jsq
View Larger Map
Earth Day Schedule:
- Inflatable Bounce House for kids
- Recyclable Arts and Crafts
- Amazing Fresh Food, cooked on the spot !
- Local and Atlanta Bands will provide entertainment
- Local vendors
- Plant give away by Blazer Gardens as well as a children’s planting activity.
- Guest speakers from VSU and the Valdosta Community
- Clinics on recycling
- Solar Panel Display and Explanation
- Fire Poi Show
- Hoola-Hoopers and Hoops for sale
- Local Honey producers
- Goats and Baby chicks
- Plant sale (Vegetables, Flowers and Herbs) by The VSU Horticulture Club
- Barn Side Nursery will bring Japanese Maples
- Displays by VSU American Chemical Society
10:00am- Festival begins
10:30am-12:00pm- Band 1: Jason Brandt Band (Valdosta)
11:00am- Food Served: Includes Grilled corn on the cob, Chicken breast quarters, Veggie Skewers, Fruit Salad, Sweet Tea, Lemonade, and Water
12:00pm- Speaker #1: A representative from Wiregrass Activists for Clean Energy (WACE)
12:30pm- Possible Local Singers (VSU)
1:00pm- Speaker #2: Dr. Aubrey Fowler will be speaking about localization vs. globalization
1:30pm-3:00pm- Band 2: Soul Tribe (ATL)
Food Prices- $1 per item of food, all five items for $4
!! HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE OUT THERE !!