Surprisingly the longest item on this (possibly) longest-ever Planning Commission agenda was 5. CU-2020-01 Verizon Wireless, conditional use cell tower at Country Club, clocking in at almost an hour, accounting for almost a third of the more than three-hour meeting, and getting a denial recommendation on a split vote of 6:3:1.
Second longest at more than forty-two minutes was 6. CU-2020-02 Natalie Bailey, 4019 Forrest Run Circle – Halfway House, resulting in a very unusual unanimous recommendation for denial. The actual decision will be made at the Valdosta City Council meeting tonight.
Usually church requests sail through, but 13. HA-2020-01 Providence Missionary Baptist Church, 707 West Park Street, took more than sixteen minutes, largely to everyhone acting as a committee designing an access ramp which turned out to already be there.
Pete’s Otto had it pretty easy at nine minutes Pete’s Otto was previously at GLPC in January 2017 about establishing its business, and at the Valdosta-Lowndes County Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBOA) in in July 2019 about setbacks.
Below are links to each LAKE video of each agenda item, followed by a LAKE video playlist. See also the GLPC agenda. And the Valdosta City Council agenda for the meeting where they will decide the half-way house and other Valdosta items.
- 1. Call to Order, Pledge, and Invocation
- 2. Approval of the Meeting Minutes: November 25, 2019
- 3. LP 2019-07-29 Jay Khodiyar, 240 Lakes Blvd C-C to C-H
- 4. VA-2020-01 Pete’s Otto, 401 East Ann St R-6 to C-C
- 5. CU-2020-01 Verizon Wireless, conditional use cell tower at country club
- 6. CU-2020-02 Natalie Bailey, 4019 Forrest Run Circle – Halfway House
- 6. CU-2020-02 Natalie Bailey, 4019 Forrest Run Circle, Conditional Use
- 7. VA-2020-02 Travis Carter, 3905 Inner Perimeter Road, R-P to O-P
- 8. CU-2020-03 Travis Carter, 3905 Inner Perimeter Road, Conditional Use
- 10. SE-2019-03 Larry Dean, 1309 Edgewood Drive, Special Exception
- 11.RE-2019-01 Remerton Mill Apt., LLC, 1853 West Gordon St.
- 12.V-2019-01 Remerton Mill Apt., LLC, 1853 West Gordon St. Variance to density
- 13.HA-2020-01 Providence Missionary Baptist Church, 707 West Park Street,
- 14.HA-2020-02 City of Hahira, Text Amendment to Section 4-1 regarding CBD
- 15. REZ-2020-01 Nancy Hobby, 2626 Loch Laurel Rd., 10 ac., R-1 to E- A
- 16. REZ-2020-02 SKT Investments, LLC, Lester Rd., 10.5 ac., E-A to R-A
- Meeting Adjournment
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: Verizon Country Club tower, halfway house, and Providence Missionary Baptist Church
Regular Session, Greater Lowndes Planning Commission (GLPC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 2020-01-27.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!