Here’s the agenda for this morning’s 8:30 AM Work Session and tomorrow evening’s voting Regular Session: will the Lowndes County Commission spend more on mosquito testing than on renting prisoners from Valdosta State Prison? (Answer: no, $45,790 on mosquitos and $118,500 on three prisoner work details at $39,500 each: “The details are utilized in the maintenance of over 5,000 easements that require manual hand cutting.” Hm, if the county didn’t insist on 80-foot easements….
They’re also appointing people to four different boards. If you wanted to apply, how would you know to do so?
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, JUNE 13, 2016, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, JUNE 14, 2016, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Keep Lowndes-Valdosta Beautiful
Reappoint a member: Gregory Powell
Documents:Keep Lowndes-Valdosta Beautiful.pdf
- Lowndes County Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) Board
Reappoint a member: Raymond Conner
- South Georgia Community Service Board
Appoint an elected official
- Lowndes County Library Board
Appoint member: Malinda Taylor
Documents:Lowndes County Library Board.pdf
- For Consideration
- FY 17 Grant Award – Accountability Court- for State Court
Approval of grant
- FY 17 Grant Award – Accountability Court- for Superior Court
Approval of grant
- Southern Region Traffic Enforcement Network (SRTEN)
Approval for Sheriff’s Office to provide personnel and statistical support to the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety
Documents:Southern Region Enforcement Network.pdf
- Code Red Service Agreement
Approval of service agreement
Documents:Code Red Service Agreement.pdf
- Former Wisenbaker/Amoco Service Station Continued Environmental Services
This proposal is for continued environmental services at the Former Wisenbaker/Amoco Service Station. The current contract is for April 2016-June2017 with another 12-14 month renewal.
- Mosquito Identification and Testing Contract
Annual Renewal of Contract with Valdosta State University for the Trapping, Identification and Testing of Mosquitoes.
- Prison Work Details Contract Renewal
Annual Contract Renewal with the Georgia Department of Corrections for three Prison Work Details.
- Motorola Support Agreement for Offendertrak and PMDC
Approval of Motorola Support Agreement.
- Trust Deed for Brookwood Place Subdivision
Accept the Trust Deed and authorize the Chairman to sign
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address