They vote tonight at 5:30 PM.
At yesterday’s Work Session, there were two unscheduled reports. Mark Stalvey of the county Housing Authority said they’re working together with Habitat for Humanity to form a nonprofit for collecting funds for rehabilitating housing, and they’re asking for $5,000 each from Valdosta and Lowndes County to get the nonprofit up and running, in return for which each would get to appoint some board members; the rest would be elected by the nonprofit board.
Last, Tina Folsom with Lowndes Associated Ministries to People (LAMP) said their executive director left, so they don’t need their space in the Leila Ellis building. They’d like to be let out of their lease and have the funds applied to another county building they’re also renting space in.
See previous post for context and the agenda. Below are links to each LAKE video of the Work Session, followed by a video playlist.
- 1. Call to Order 4. Minutes for Approval
- 5.a. REZ-2016-02 Estate of Juanita Johnson, E-A to R-1,
- 5.b. REZ-2016-03 Southern Exteriors of Valdosta US Hwy 41 S, R-10 to E-A,
- 5.c. REZ-2016-04 Deerwood Rd Subdivision, New Statenville Hwy, E-A to R-1
- 5.d. REZ-2016-05 Union Rd Subdivision, Union Rd, E-A to R-A,
- 6.a. Beer License – Big Foot #908 – 1255 Lakes Blvd.
- 6.b. Beer, Wine, Liquor Licence – Rocky Ford Liquor – 2418B Rocky Ford Road
- 6.c. County Purchasing Card and Credit Card Ordinance
- 6. Proposal from Lovell Engineering for Stafford Wright Road Paving Project
- 6.e. 2016 Public Defender Contract Renewal
- 7. Reports – County Manager – Housing/Habitat with Mark Stalvey
- 7. Reports – County Manager – LAMP Lease with Tina Folsom
- 9. Adjournment
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: Rehab homes, LAMP Lease, Rezonings, Alcohol, public defender, and paving Stafford Wright Road
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 8 February 2016.