They meet again tonight with a bylaw amendment scheduled, which is probably for extending officer terms to two years as Roy Copeland proposed. (He first suggested that at least several years ago when he was re-elected Chairman.) And their nominating committee nominated the same officers again.
Lots of dials showing targets and where they are in reaching them, which is good, because I keep getting questions about what they’re doing with all that tax money and are they doing enough to justify it.
One citizen asked about the airport and another (OK, me) handed out Alapaha River Water Trail brochures and once again suggested solar panels at the airport to turn that otherwise-unusable space into profit.
Here’s the agenda and below are LAKE videos, followed by a playlist.
- Call to Order and Nominating Committee First
- Extend officer terms to 2 years? –Roy Copeland
- Marketing and Community Relations –Meghan Dukes
- Project Report –Stan Crance
Existing Industry –Stan Crance
Video. BRAT was described and pictured by Stuart Taylor, VDT, 31 May 2015, , as consisting of:
- Georgia Department of Economic Development — Michelle Shaw
- Valdosta-Lowndes County Chamber of Commerce — Myrna Ballard
- University of Georgia’s Small Business Development Center — Lynn Bennett
- Valdosta-Lowndes County Development Authority — Stan Crance
- Georgia Department of Labor, Valdosta Career Center — Jamon Williams
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College — Bill Tillman
- Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute — Art Ford
- Georgia Power Company — Scott Purvis
Valdosta-Lowndes Development Authority’s Business Retention Action Team, or BRAT, brings together a number of local and state organizations to offer services, information, solutions and contacts that a company might need.
“We’ve always had an existing industry program,” said Meghan Duke,VLDA marketing and community relations. “These organizations have always worked together, but now we’re formalizing it.”
- Executive Director’s Report
- Attorney Report –Steve Gupton
- Airports? –Bill Donaldson, Citizens to be Heard
- Alapaha River Water Trail and solar panels at the airport–John S. Quarterman
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: Development Authority’s BRAT
Regular Meeting, Valdosta-Lowndes Development Authority (VLCIA),
Tom Call Chairman, Roy Copeland, Mary Gooding, Jerry Jennett, Terri Lupo, Andrea Schruijer, Executive Director, J. Stephen Gupton, Attorney, Tom Davis, CPA, Stan Crance, Existing Industry Coordinator,S. Meghan Duke, Public Relations & Marketing Manager, Lu Williams, Operations Manager,
Video by John S. Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 16 June 2015.