According to the Chamber’s facebook event:
The Valdosta-Lowndes County Chamber will host a Meet the Candidates event on Tues. Oct. 2 from 5-7 p.m. at the VSU Continuing Education Building located on 903 N. Patterson Street.
The event is an opportunity for the public to meet and hear from contested candidates running in the Nov. 6 general election. Attendees can speak one-on-one with candidates and candidates will be given three minutes to discuss his or her main initiatives.
“The election is quickly approaching and it is important to know who i s on the ballot and their stance on key issues. This event provides a way for the public to have personal interaction with the future decision-makers of our community,” said Chair of the Chamber’s Government Affairs Council, Ron Borders (Real Living Realty Advisors).
Attendees should look forward to meeting the following candidates:
- Solicitor General: Justin Cabral (R) Incumbent and Jason Cain (D)
- Sheriff: Chris Prine (D) Incumbent and J.D. Yeager (R)
- County Commission Chair: Bill Slaughter (R) and Gretchen Quarterman (D)
- County Commission Super District 4: John Gates (R) and Demarcus Marshall (D)
- State Senate, District 8: Tim Golden (R) Incumbent and Bikram Mohanty (D)
- State Representative, District 174: Ellis Black (R) Incumbent and Teresa Lawrence (D)
- State Representative, District 175: Amy Carter (R) Incumbent and JC Cunningham (D)
- State Representative, District 177: Glenn Gregory (R) and Dexter Sharper (D
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Erika Bennett, Director of Government Affairs, at (229) 247-8100.