It’s a very light agenda for the Lowndes County Commission; so light the work session was cancelled. However, the regular session is scheduled as usual for Tuesday evening.
They’ve moved Citizens Wishing to be Heard back to the middle of the meeting. Historically, it’s been here and it’s been there in different places in the agenda. I still think at the end is a fine place for it, since then more people may stay for the entire meeting. I posted my other thoughts on CWTBH back when they changed to their current policy on that.
Groundwater sampling near a landfill is an item. The same item was on the agenda last time, but didn’t get resolved. Water is an issue throughout the region.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION CANCELLED
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, APRIL 26, 2011, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street — 2nd Floor
Remember, you have to turn in your Citizens Wishing to Be Heard Form before the meeting starts or you won’t be heard.
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Work Session – April 11, 2011
- Regular Session – April 12, 2011
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard Please State Name And Address
- For Consideration
- Surplus Items from various county departments
- Proposals for Groundwater Sampling and Analysis at the Clyattville Landfill
- Bids- Relocation of a Generator and Transfer Switch, Utilities Dept
- Reports-County Manager