All four cases got recommendations from the Greater Lowndes Planning Commission (GLPC) for approval by the Valdosta Mayor and Council. However, all but the first and last were on split votes, and the last had one Commissioner recuse himself.
Below are links to each LAKE video of each agenda item, with a few notes by Gretchen Quarterman, followed by a LAKE video playlist.
See also the agenda and the board packet items for the Valdosta cases. Lowndes County later sent the minutes of the previous GLPC meeting in response to a LAKE open records request, after only one reminder.
1. Call to Order, Pledge, Invocation
1. Call to Order (part 2)
2. Approval of the Meeting Minutes: February 27, 2023
3. CU-2023-01 Robert Griner, 434 Connell RoadCUP for a Moving \u0026 Storage in C-H
4. VA-2023-03 Anthony Tong, 307 East Jane Street Rezone 0.33 acre from R-P to O-P
6:3 to recommend approval.
5. VA-2023-04 Stoker Utilities, LLC, N. Forrest Street Ext.P-D amendment
8:1 recommendation for approval with the seven conditions.
6. VA-2023-05 Stoker Development, 2310 East Park Avenue from R-15 \u0026 R-P to R-M
Commissioner Steve Miller recused himself.
8:0 recommendation to approve with one abstention.
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: Four Valdosta cases @ GLPC 2023-03-27
Greater Lowndes Planning Commission, Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, March 27, 2023.
Videos by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE).
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!
Pingback: Agenda: Four Valdosta cases @ GLPC 2023-03-27 | On the LAKE front