Update 2020-12-15: Board packet is on the LAKE website.
A million and a half dollars, mostly for insurance, on the agenda for the final Lowndes County Commission session of 2020, and that’s not counting the many-years-long ramifications of rezoning for new subdivisions and acquiring right of way for a new road.
|$1,240,297.00||2021 Stop Loss Insurance Coverage Renewal Through Symetra Life Ins. Company|
|$174,759.00||2021 ACCG Workers’ Compensation Insurance Renewal|
|$60,862.00||Bid for 2 – Three Quarter Ton Trucks for the Engineering Department|
|$27,367.00||Bid for a Sport Utility Vehicle for the 911 Center|
|$920.50||Georgia Forestry Commission Services [LAS prescribed burns] Agreement|
|$381.00||Office of the Governor Criminal Justice Coordinating Council Accountability Court Lowndes County DUI Court- State Court|
Lowndes County Development Authority Terms are up for Brooks Akins, Gary Cannon, and Jerome Tucker. Cannon and Tucker want reappointment, and the Commission almost always reappoints.
Resolution Rejection Quitclaim Deed; Affidavit Regarding Title- Branch Point. The County has laid out the right-of-way for a county road known as Fender Road between Williams School… Trading a parcel to William Q. Touchton, Jr. for another parcel for the road.
REZ-2020-20 Ballyntyne 6712 Clyattstone Road (0071 008) R-1 to R-10, Water & Sewer, ~40.3 acres . For 105+ house lots. In 2006, for a more complicated plan on the same site, GLPC recommended denial 7:0, County Commission denied 2:0. What did GLPC vote this time? And how about factoring in all the costs of paving Clyattstone Road over many previous Commission meetings?
REZ-2020-19 Trillium Creek 3435 Bemiss Knights Academy (0146B 099) R-A to R-10, Water & Sewer, ~36.4 acres. Wants a subdivision like Crestwood to its north. Needs second access way. And how much will it cost to send school busses there?
Lowndes County Tax Assessors.
REZ-2020-17 Adams Property Group 3833 Inner Perimeter Road (0149A 036D) R-10 to C-G, City Water & Sewer, ~7.41 acres. For self-storage facility. GLPC recommended approval 9:0. Applicant previously requested tabling until December 8. This one uses existing services and adds no population, while being close in to an existing school and housing, so it might not cost the county much longterm.
I would like to compliment county staff for including street addresses and parcel numbers for each rezoning; that greatly simplifies the previous hunt-and-seek deduction.
Here is the rather long agenda.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2020, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2020, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- FFA Proclamation Presentation (Regular Session)
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearing
- Liquor License – James Lee Vann, Sr. of The Big Dummy's Pub – 4991 US HWY 41 S, Lake Park, GA
- REZ-2020-17 Adams Property Group 3833 Inner Perimeter Road (0149A 036D) R-10 to C-G, City Water & Sewer, ~7.41 acres
- REZ-2020-19 Trillium Creek 3435 Bemiss Knights Academy (0146B 099) R-A to R-10, Water & Sewer, ~36.4 acres
- REZ-2020-20 Ballyntyne 6712 Clyattstone Road (0071 008) R-1 to R-10, Water & Sewer, ~40.3 acres
- For Consideration
- Resolution Rejection Quitclaim Deed; Affidavit Regarding Title- Branch Point
- Conveyance of County Property in exchange for County Road Right of Way- Fender Road
- Georgia Forestry Commission Services Agreement
- Office of the Governor Criminal Justice Coordinating Council Accountability Court Lowndes County DUI Court- State Court
- 2021 Holiday Schedule
Documents:2021 Holiday Schedule.pdf
- Section 125 Plan Document Renewal for 2021
- 2021 ACCG Workers' Compensation Insurance Renewal
- 2021 Stop Loss Insurance Coverage Renewal Through Symetra Life Ins. Company
- 2021 Commission Meeting Calendar
Documents:2021 Commission Meeting Calendar..pdf
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!