About the Hospital Authority:
HISTORY, FACTS AND ISSUES: The term of Dr. Mary Richardson on the Hospital Authority of Valdosta and Lowndes County will expire on June 1, 2019. Ms. Shirley Garland, Mrs. Elsie Napier, and Dr. Mary Margaret Richardson’s names have all been submitted for appointment.
For the Airport Authority, Anthony Payton’s term is up and he wants to be reappointed.
Lowndes County Commissioners will be hearing about a bunch of purchases and bids. Two of them are water items: Georgia Department of Transportation – TIA Project Agreement – Hightower Road/Cooper Road NE Paving and Drainage Improvements and Professional Services for Coleman Road Lift Station Force Main Replacement. Look at this about that lift station:
HISTORY, FACTS AND ISSUES: Lowndes County received a Proposal from Lovell Engineering for the engineering and construction plan preparation for Coleman Road lift station force main replacement. Coleman Road force main has experienced repeated failures and is in need of replacement. Coleman Road force main is the beginning of the main trunk line that transports waste water from the north Lowndes region to the LAS. Costs will be 9% of construction.
Lowndes County is replacing a sewer main because it has failed before. Wait, is this the same main from back in October, when Commissioners approved $99,935 to fix “The 16” force main between Coleman Road lift station and James Road”?
There are two transportation items: that TIA paving and drainage project, and Professional Engineering and Surveying Services for TIA Projects.
No, we haven’t posted the LAKE videos of that Planning Commission meeting yet. Yes, we will do so soon. Meanwhile, Lowndes County has its own video equipment and editing software and could video Planning Commission meetings, and budget meetings, for that matter.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, MAY 13, 2019, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Public Hearing
- REZ-2019-06 Glenn Gregory, Stallings Road, E-A to R-A and R-1, Well/Septic, 11.111 acres
- REZ-2019-07 Lake Park CFA, Lakes Blvd. C-H & R-10 to C-H, Water/Sewer, 2.68 acres
- TWR-2019-01 Value Concepts, Inc., US Hwy 84 E. E-A, New 300' Telecommunications Tower
- For Consideration
- Purchase of Computer Server Blades and Software
- Backup Appliance
- Professional Services for Coleman Road Lift Station Force Main Replacement
- Professional Engineering and Surveying Services for TIA Projects
- Georgia Department of Transportation – TIA Project Agreement – Hightower Road/Cooper Road NE Paving and Drainage Improvements
- Amendment to the Lowndes County Fire Rescue Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- 2020 Juvenile Justice Incentive Grant Program Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!