Due to Monday being Martin Luther King Jr. Day, both the Work Session and the Regular Session will be on Tuesday, January 22, 2019, at 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM. Last time they approved paying for right of way on Simpson Road. This time they’re approving Paving on Parker Road and Simpson Road. Why does Simpson Road get this exception to their decade-long custom of never paying for road right of way? Will Scruggs or Reames get the $2 million-plus contract for paving? (Hint: Reames is the low bidder.)
Hm, the county “currently receives $32,770 annually” as part of an agreement with the Georgia Emergency Management Agency (GEMA) for “FY2018 EMPG funding, and reporting and other requirements”. Maybe the county could use some of that funding to organize testing water wells for the firefighting chemicals (PFAS) spilled by Moody AFB. See FY 2018 Performance Partnership Agreement and EMPG Application.
The county wants to spend $73,000 to “jack and bore under Highway 84 west at James Road to extend the water main” to reach three property owners on the south side of US 84. “After discussions with the three owners and the Utilities Department, an agreement was drawn up to split the cost evenly between the four parties.” The three property owners are never named, nor does the county say how far south of Highway 84. Immediately south there are three about 1.5 acre lots. A bit farther across the railroad tracks there are much bigger parcels owned by Loch-Winn Farms, Langdale Capital Assets, and Griffin LLC.
No agenda is complete without a road abandonment, this time for McLeod Road between Old Lake Park Road and Hickory Grove Road North, depicted in “the attached drawing”, which as usual was not attached to the publicly-visible agenda. Plus taking in roads in Livingston Subdivision Phase II off of Bemiss Knights Academy Road.
And there’s the annual Speed Zone Ordinance update. They say they’re changing speed limits on Lake Park Bellville Road, but they don’t say if they’re changing speed limits on any other roads, and, as usual, they didn’t publish the list, so you don’t know whether they’re changing the speed limit on your road.
Here’s the agenda:
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, JANUARY 21, 2019, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY,, JANUARY 22, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- For Consideration
- Special Assessment Rate for 2019
Approval of the Special Assessment Rate
Documents:Special Assessment Rate for 2019.pdf
- Beer License – Sanketkumar Patel & Pravinkumar Patel of DSYP, LLC DBA Race Way #1177 – 1177 Lakes Blvd., Lake Park, GA
Approval of beer license
- Beer License – Rajeshkumar R. Patel of Rajesh LLC, DBA Eagle Food Mart – 4357 Bemiss Rd., Valdosta, GA
Approval of beer license
- Beer and Wine License – Manishaben Patel of Sai Krupa 2018 LLC, DBA JP Foods #2 – 3663 New Statenville Hwy., Valdosta, GA
Approval of beer and wine license
- Wine License – Harnish Patel and Manishaben Patel of Shree Hari 2012 Inc., DBA Triangle Foods – 4946 US Hwy 41 S., Lake Park, GA
Approval of wine license
- FY 2018 Performance Partnership Agreement and EMPG Application
Request approval of the Performance Partnership Agreement with the Georgia Emergency Management Agency and authorize the Chairman to execute the associated documents.
- Abandonment of McLeod Road
Documents:Abandonment of McLeod Road.pdf
- Adopt Resolution accepting infrastructure for Livingston Subdivision, Phase II
Adopt the Resolution
- Speed Zone Ordinance
Adopt the Ordinance
Documents:Speed Zone Ordinance.pdf
- 2019 Public Defender Contracts
Approval of contracts
Documents:2019 Public Defender Contracts.pdf
- Solicitor-General's VAWA Grant Award Activation
Approval of grant award activation packet
- Highway 84 Water Main Underground Boring Agreement
Approval of agreement
- Reports – County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard-Please State Your Name and Address
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!