Well, it wasn’t all that brief, because 3. REZ-2017-11 Dasher Johnson & Howell Roads for an office far away from any similar zoning was contentious and almost 40 minutes long, with a split vote against, although later the Lowndes County Commission passed the rezoning anyway.
Second longest was 4. CU-2017-05 206 East College Street (B&B) at almost nineteen minutes. Everything else sailed through.
- 1. Call to Order, Invocation, and Pledge
- 2. Approval of the Meeting Minutes: September 25, 2017
3. REZ-2017-11 Dasher Johnson & Howell Roads, 44.97 acres from E-A/R-A to O-I/R-A
Video. Jason A. Smith, VDT, 25 October 2017, Planning commission weighs unprecedented zoning change.
Two (both applicants) spoke for, and two (including me) against.
3. REZ-2017-11 Dasher Johnson & Howell Roads, 44.97 (part 2)
Video. The main point of opposition by citizens and Planning Commissioners was the precedent: on what grounds would the Planning Commission oppose any other rezoning like this anywhere if they recommend for this one?
The vote was 5:2:1 to recommend against, with McLendon and Gladwin opposing the motion, and Rountree abstaining.
Nonetheless, the Lowndes County Commission passed the rezoning anyway.
- 4. CU-2017-05 206 East College Street (B&B)
- 5. VA-2017-15 4851 Inner Perimeter Road rezone 3.53 acres from R-10 to R-P
- 6. LP-2017-09-19106 Pine Circle, Lake Park,
Video. Christmas party planning, and calendar for the next year.
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Videos: Office in the woods, B&B, Church
Regular Session, Greater Lowndes Planning Commission (GLPC),
Video by John S. Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 30 October 2017.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!