“You tell us you’re sorry and it happens again”, said Alton Burns of Coolidge about pipeline leaks, fires, and explosions, setting the tone for the whole evening, which ended with local landowners calling the whole process a farce and a hoax. As attorney Jonathan Waters said, South Georgia is a home, not a pipeline easement.
The FERC meetings started the previous evening in Albany and continue at 5:30 PM each night at:
- Wednesday, September 30, at Holiday Inn Valdosta, Conference Center Magnolia Ballroom, 1805 West Hill Ave., Valdosta, GA 31601. LAKE videos from Valdosta.
- Thursday, October 1, at Columbia High School Auditorium, 469 SE Fighting Tiger Drive, Lake City, FL 32025 LAKE videos from Lake City.
There are many more things you can do to stop Sabal Trail. Remember, the bigger they are, the harder they fall.
Here are links to the LAKE videos from last night in Moultrie, followed by a video playlist.
- Introduction –John Peconom
- You tell us you’re sorry and it happens again –Alton Burns, SpectraBusters
Sinkholes and contaminates spread far from pipeline –John S. Quarterman, WWALS
Video. Contaminants spread far from the pipeline, added John S. Quarterman, president of WWALS Watershed Coalition, the Waterkeeper Affiliate for Moultrie’s Okapilco Creek, the Withlacoochee River, and the upper Suwannee River, all of which Sabal Trail proposes to cross, aided and abetted by FERC.
Sinkhole Pipeline still not necessary –Mark Woodall, GA Sierra Club
Video. Mark Woodall, Vice-Chair, Georgia Sierra Club, representing millions of members nationwide, said the Sinkhole Pipeline is still unnecessary, he passed thousands of acres of solar panels going in while driving to Moultrie which Florida could do just as well. He’s discovered Mergent, the environmental contractor for FERC on this DEIS, appears to be being paid by Transco, one of the three companies in this pipeline project, which would be a conflict of interest.
- Sabal Trail operates under darkness of misinformation –Daniel Dunn, Atty
- Sabal Trail w/in 60′ of well on award-winning family farm –Sandra Jones
- Sabal Trail reneged on min. top coverage; retaliated –Gregory Yarborough
- Calling Jonathan Waters to speak
- South Georgia is a home, not a pipeline easement –Jonathan Waters, Atty
- Any new speakers? –John Peconom
- Trees better than pipeline –Hamilton Isaacs
- Don’t FERC Gopher tortoises, a keynote species, or property values –Jonathan Waters, Atty
- Water is our most precious commodity, not pipelines –Alton Burns
- 5. feet top cover probably not even enough; EPA abt karst –Greg Yarborough
- DEIS is a draft, not a decision; Commission will decide –John Peconom
- FERC is fully funded by industries it “regulates” –John S. Quarterman
- It’s a farce: environmental assessors didn’t even look –James Bell
- These reports are a hoax, because surveyors not qualified –Sandra Jones