5.a. Change Order to Snake Nation Road ContractWe heard last time from Joe Pritchard that the county had received some estimates for resurfacing on Snake Nation Road, but he needed some time to organize funding before presenting details. OK, fair enough, but why is it a Change Order? Didn’t they just vote on realignment of Snake Nation Road in June? Why two months later a Change Order, which usually means have to do it right now with no competitive bids?
Here’s a backgrounder from the VDT about a sinkhole being discovered on Snake Nation Road last December. And here’s the VDT in May on costs for fixing it:
“We are purchasing the property to the north, 5.22 acres, for $40,000 to reroute the road,” said County Manager Joe Pritchard.
Rerouting the road will cost approximately $300,000 versus at least twice that amount to reinforce the hole, put in concrete supports, and fill it to prevent the road from collapsing again.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS PROPOSED AGENDA
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, AUGUST 22, 2011, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, AUGUST 23, 2011, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Work Session — August 8, 2011
- Regular Session — August 9, 2011
- For Consideration
- Change Order to Snake Nation Road Contract
- Assistance to Firefighters Grant
- James Road Water Main Repair
- Capacity Fee Waiver for Country View Mobile Home Park
- SCADA Upgrade
- USGS Funding Agreement for Hwy 122 Stream Gauge
- Declaration of Merchandise as Surplus — Fire Department and Public Works
- Approval of TAN and Resolution
- Training Tower for the Fire Department
- Asphalt Surfacing at Naylor and Clyattville Parks
- Striping and Signage on 29.34 Miles of Roadway
- Reports-County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard Please State Name And Address