These videos are of yesterday morning’s Work Session, and they’re voting right now on the annual grant paperwork for the county’s on-call bus system, run by MIDS, Inc., on a commercial and a subdivision rezoning, both previously recommended unanimously by the Planning Commission. Plus they will accept Utilities for Creekside West Phase II, i.e., water and sewer. They will declare at least two Potential Conflict(s) of Interest for Commissioner Joyce Evans and County Clerk Paige Dukes on the board of the hildren’s Advocacy Center of Lowndes County, Inc. (CAC), before agreeing for the Chairman to sign a Resolution to submit to the Georgia Department of Community Affairs for a $500,000 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) for the CAC. We don’t know what those conflicts are, because as usual the county only published the agenda sheets for each agenda item, without the rest of the details that are in the board packets.
Tonight they have Citizens Wishing to Be Heard on the agenda.
It’s a welcome change that for rezonings they now consider traffic on nearby roads, unlike back in 2011 when then-Chairman Ashley Paulk said:
I’m not going to argue Bemiss Highway, it’s not a pertinent fact.
Who knows? Next maybe they’ll consider expanding to regular routes on the bus system.
Below are links to the LAKE videos from Monday morning, followed by a video playlist.
- 1. Call to Order 4. Courthouse Presentation – Judge McLane
- 5. Minutes for Approval
- 6.a. REZ – 2015 – 04 Stovall Property, N Oak St Ext., R-21 To C-G
- 6.b. REZ – 2015 – 05 Ivy Gate 2, Cat Creek Rd., R-21 To R-10
- 6.c. Grant Re – Application For The Rural Transportation Program
- 7.a. Acceptance Of Utilities For Creekside West Phase II
- 7.b. Title VI Plan For Lowndes County Transit
- 7.c. Transportation Service Contract Addendum
- 7.d. GA DCA – FY 2015 CDBG Declaration Of Potential Conflict(S) Of Interest
- 7.e. GA DCA – FY 2015 CDBG Submittal Resolution
- 8. Reports – County Manager
Here’s a video playlist:
Videos: Historic Courthouse, 2 rezonings, 1 utilities, MIDS bus, CDBG
Work Session, Lowndes County Commission (LCC),
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia, 9 March 2015.