Updates about Moody, Tillman Crossing, and the Withlacoochee River Wastewater Treatment Plant, for tonight’s Planning Commission meeting, received after last week’s GLPC Work Session. I would post tonight’s GLPC agenda, but it’s not on the county’s website.
See the surprise addition in this update of REZ-2015-20 City of Valdosta WWTP, about which details were not included: “The proposed site plan is the same one that was presented to you with your paperwork last night.” So if you’re not a Planning Commissioner, you don’t get to see what the City of Valdosta is proposing for its new Withlacoochee River Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Another item is apparently known by several names: REZ-2015-19, The Orchards, Fred and Martha McGill, 4900 A-G Tillman Crossing Road
Below is the County Planner’s email of 24 November 2015 to the Planning Commissioners and County Commissioners and assorted other people. I’ve added links to the documents he attached, and images of them. Thanks for sending that information, Jason!
Good afternoon Planning Commissioners,
Largely in response to discussions at the work session last night please find updates below for the 3 county cases this month:
- As requested please find the non-conforming lot maps attached to this e-mail. These maps are the same ones that were shared through an e-mail earlier this month (11-17).
- In response to the scenarios we discussed last night that I needed to verify with the Zoning Administrator. The scenarios dealt with whether or not a residential dwelling would be allowed to be built on a lot that is less than 2.5 acres. If the lot was legally established before the MAZ rules were adopted on May 9th 2006 then the answer largely depends on the zoning of the lot. For example, under the current rules and enforcement:
- If a vacant 1 acre lot is zoned MAZ I then the lot would not be allowed to be developed with a site built single family dwelling or a manufactured home.
- If a vacant 1 acre lot is zoned MAZ II and within the APZ II runway area then the lot would be able
- If a vacant 1 acre lot is zoned MAZ II and outside of the APZ II runway area then the lot would be able to have a site built single family dwelling or a manufactured home.
- If a vacant 1 acre lot is zoned MAZ III then the lot would be able to have a site built single family dwelling or a manufactured home.
- The proposed regulations are not seeking to change how the above scenarios are currently handled. They are seeking to add policy in the ULDC that reflects how to handle scenarios ii, iii, and iv when residential development is requested. The proposed regulations behind this discussion may be found in 4.02.04(C)(1)(c).
- We also received communication this afternoon that the Chamber of Commerce met this morning and unanimously adopted the attached position and plan on presentations at both the GLPC and LCBOC meetings.
- REZ-2015-19 The Orchards
- Please find a response from the applicant’s engineer attached detailing the differences between the previously approved site plan and the proposed site plan. Ultimately, the TRC recommendation was for approval of the proposed site plan. The proposed site plan is the same one that was presented to you with your paperwork last night.
- REZ-2015-20 City of Valdosta WWTP
- At the TRC meeting this morning the ultimate recommendation was for approval with 7 conditions. The seven conditions are the same ones that were presented to you with your paperwork last night.
Jason Davenport, County Planner
Lowndes County – Board of Commissioners