Here are LAKE videos of the candidates running in the November general election at “Meet the Candidates” by the Valdosta-Lowndes County Chamber of Commerce September 27th 2016. It seemed less attended than usual, but that may have been due to the larger venue of Mathis Auditorium dwarfing the audience. Each got a few minutes to say something, and nobody took questions. There were tables with information before they spoke.
James Neil Harris said he was curious about the Sabal Trail pipeline, Teresa K. Moffit said she was against it, Clay Griner voted to sell Sabal Trail an easement through the closed Lowndes County landfill, and Dexter Sharper voted in the Georgia House against river-drilling easements for Sabal Trail.
Below are links to the LAKE video of each candidate speaking, followed by a video playlist. See also LAKE videos of the same event two years ago, when candidates were running for County Commission and Congress, just like tonight.
- Introduction by Franklin Bailey
- Thanks by Brad Folsom, Governmental Affairs Council Chair
- Allen Buckley (L) for U.S. Senate
- Mrs. Austin Scott (R) U.S. Congress GA-08
- James Neil Harris (D) for U.S. Congress GA-08
- Ellis Black (R) for GA Senate 8
- Gregory L. Williams (D) for GA Senate 8 not present
- Deidre White (R) for GA House 77
- Dexter Sharper (R) GA House 77
- Dexter Sharper has to leave early
- Jason Cain (D) for Solicitor General (State Court)
- Justin Cabral (R) Solicitor General (State Court)
- Welcome to applaud
- W.G. Walker Tax Assessor
- Mike Hill Tax Assessor
- Felecia Williams (D) Tax Commissioner
- Rodney Cain (R) for Tax Commissioner
- Ashley Paulk (D) for Sheriff
- Chris Prine (R) Sheriff
- Brad Carter (R) for Coroner
- Austin Fiveash (R) for Coroner
- Clay Griner (R) for Lowndes County Commission 5
- Teresa K. Moffitt (D) for Lowndes County Commission 5
- Bill Slaughter (R) Lowndes County Commission Chair
- Wrap-Up / Thank you
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Meet the Candidates –VLCoC 2016-09-27
Videos by John S. Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE),
Mathis Auditorium, Valdosta, Lowndes County, Georgia.
Investigative reporting costs money, for open records requests, copying, web hosting, gasoline, and cameras, and with sufficient funds we can pay students to do further research. You can donate to LAKE today!