They called a special election to fill the unexpired term of Sandy Sherrill, who had resigned unexpectedly, plus a referendum for Sunday off-premisses liquor sales, at the Lake Park City City Council Regular Session of 2 December 2014. They amended the 2014 budget and adopted a 2015 budget. More than half an hour on a presentation about water meters. Professional therapy, including massage therapy, at the location being rezoned for Keith Sandlin in rezoning LP-2014-10-20. The Planning Commission 24 November 2014, previously unanimously recommended approval. The Lake Park City Council voted 2 for 1 against, so it passed. And they had direct reports by Police, Fire/Rescure, and Maintenance, since they don’t have a city manager. They appointed an additional member to the cemetery committee. They discussed executive sessions being each time a choice and participants in executive sessions not being bound to secrecy, the real test being not violating the public trust.
Here’s the agenda, and below are the videos, followed by a video playlist.
- Call to Order, Invocation, Pledge
- Public Hearing: Re-zoning Request LP-2014-10-20
- Minutes for Approval (November 4, 2014) & Financials
- Citizens’ Concerns (none)
- Master Meter presentation
- Adoption Amending 2014 budget
- Adoption of 2015 Budgets
- Call for Special Election (to fill unexpired city council seat)
- Call for Referendum, Sunday off premises liquor sales
- Department Reports – Police
- Department Reports – Fire / Rescue
- Department Reports – Maintenance
- Resolution # 2014-12-03, Safety Inspections
- Code enforcement, Fire Marshall
- Accepting Credit Cards for water billing payments
- Police vehicles
- Phone message service
- Appointment of additional representative on Cemetery Committee
- Citizens’ Concerns (round 2)
- Administrative, Executive reports – Executive Sessions
Regular Session, Lake Park City Council (Lake Park)
Lake Park, Lowndes County, Georgia, 2 December 2014.
Videos by Gretchen Quarterman for Lowndes Area Knowledge Exchange (LAKE).