The special presentation is about the Westside Archives. The agenda doesn’t say what that is, but Valdosta City Council and former Mayor Sonny Vickers supports it, as you can see in this video by George Boston Rhynes.
According to the VDT 15 February 2010, Vickers
received the Westside Archives Achievement Award for more than two decades of service as a city councilman to the citizens of Valdosta. Westside Archives and the Kill-Me-Quick Community sponsored this award.
At the same time, three other people got Westside Archives awards, including
Lowndes County Commissioner Joyce Evans was granted the Citizenship Award for her services to the county and its citizens.
Here’s the agenda.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, APRIL 22, 2013, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, APRIL 23, 2013, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Work Session — April 8, 2013
- Regular Session — April 9, 2013
- Special Presentation — Westside Archives
- For Consideration
- Motorola Support Agreement for Offendertrak and PMDC
- Beer and Wine License — Jayshree Mahader, LLC — 4593 North Valdosta Road
- 3 Trucks — Utility Department
- Land Application Site Row Crop Lease
- Reports-County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard Please State Name And Address