REGULAR MEETING OF THE VALDOSTA CITY COUNCIL
5:30 PM Thursday, March 9, 2017
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
- Opening Ceremonies
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag
- Awards and Presentations
- Consideration of the March, 2017 Employee of the Month Award (Firefighter Michael Penland, Fire Department).
- Minutes Approval
- Valdosta City Council – Regular Meeting – Feb 23, 2017 5:30 PM
- Public Hearings
- Consideration of an Ordinance for a Planned Development approval for a mixed use development in a Community-Commercial (C-C) Zoning District as requested by Crown Real Estate Development, LLC (File No. VA-2017-05).
The property is located at 2107 Baytree Road.
The Greater Lowndes Planning Commission reviewed this request at their February Regular Meeting and recommended approval with 9 conditions (7-0 Vote).
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone 0.89 acres from Highway-Commercial (C-H) to Community-Commercial (C-C) as requested by Moh’d Admad Moh’d Darwish (File No. VA-2017-06).
The property is located at 401 North St. Augustine Road.
The Greater Lowndes Planning Commission reviewed this request at their February Regular Meeting and recommended approval (7-0 Vote).
- Local Funding and Requests
- Consideration of a request to appeal the decision on a Certificate of Appropriateness by the Valdosta Historic Preservation Commission for demolition of a building located at 902 North Ashley Street.
- Citizens to be Heard
- City Manager’s Report
- Council Comments