Also, Valdosta has a new website, apparently as of yesterday; follow this link for more about that and an online survey.
Here’s the agenda.
REGULAR MEETING OF THE VALDOSTA CITY COUNCIL
5:30 PM Thursday, February 11, 2016
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
- Opening Ceremonies
- Awards and Presentations
- Minutes Approval
- Public Hearings
- Consideration of an Ordinance for a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) for a cemetery located on 77.87 acres that is split-zoned Residential-Professional (R-P), Single-Family Residential (R-15), and Environmental Resource (E-R) as
requested by Randall Godfrey (File No. CU-2016-01). The property is located at 2591 Stallings Road. The Greater Lowndes Planning Commission reviewed this
request at their January regular meeting and recommended approval with four conditions (5-3 Vote).
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone 0.58 acres from Single-Family Residential (R-10) to Single-Family Residential (R-6) as requested by Ming Lin (File No. VA-2016-01). The property is located at 1611 Williams Street. The Greater Lowndes Planning Commission reviewed this
request at their January regular meeting and recommended denial (8-0 Vote).
- Consideration of an Ordinance for Text Amendments to Chapter 222 – Off Street Parking, Chapter 234 – Non-Conforming Situations, and Chapter 310 – Stormwater Management of the Land Development Regulations (LDR) as
requested by the City of Valdosta (File No. VA-2016-02). The Greater Lowndes Planning Commission reviewed this
request at their January regular meeting and recommended approval (7-1 Vote).
- Ordinances and Resolutions
- Consideration of a Resolution authorizing the filing of an Application with the Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA) for a Community Housing Investment Program (CHIP) Grant to fund a Program to assist with the assessment and planning for housing needs in neighborhoods within the Designated Revitalization Area (DRA) of the City of Valdosta. This Grant Application will be submitted in partnership with the
- Bids, Contracts, Agreements and Expenditures
- Boards, Commissions, Authorities, and Advisory Committees
- Consideration of an appointment to the Hospital Authority of Valdosta and Lowndes County.
- Consideration of appointments to the Valdosta Historic Preservation Commission.
- Consideration of an appointment to the Metropolitan Planning Organization Citizen’s Advisory Committee.
- Consideration of an appointment to the Valdosta-Lowndes County Conference Center & Tourism Authority.
- Consideration of appointments to the Valdosta-Lowndes County Land Bank Authority.
- City Manager’s Report
- Council Comments
- Citizens to be Heard