Valdosta wants to survey to prepare for moving and upgrading the Withlacoochee Wastewater Treatment Plant. The City Council is awarding retirement benefits, and the employee of the month is three people this month. One rezoning has been withdrawn and another is up for action Thursday. Plus somebody didn’t like the Valdosta Historic Preservation Commission actually requiring preservation and is appealing to the City Council. It would be interesting to see what’s in that WWTP surveying and engineering contract and which parking is being appealed, but Valdosta City Council doesn’t publish its agenda packets online, unlike for example Augusta, which has the second highest high tech job growth in the country.
REGULAR MEETING OF THE VALDOSTA CITY COUNCIL5:30 P.M., Thursday, October 10, 2013
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
- Opening Ceremonies
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag
- Awards and Presentations
- Minutes Approval
- Valdosta City Council – Regular Meeting – Sep 5, 2013 5:30 PM
- Public Hearings
- Consideration of an Ordinance for a Conditional Use Permit to allow a small event center in Community-Commercial (C-C) zoning as requested by Brian and Laurie Colbert (File No. CU-2013-03). The property is located at 1110 North Patterson Street. The Greater Lowndes Planning Commission reviewed this request at their September Regular Meeting and recommended approval with five conditions (8-0 vote).
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone 0.69 acres from Office-Professional (O-P) to Residential-Professional (R-P) as requested by Norwood Land Holdings, LLC (File No. VA-2013-13). The property is located at 2009 Springhill Drive. The Greater Lowndes Planning Commission reviewed this request at their September Regular Meeting and recommended denial (5-4 vote). The applicant has withdrawn this request.
- Ordinances and Resolutions
- Bids, Contracts, Agreements and Expenditures
- Local Funding and Requests
- City Manager’s Report
- Council Comments
- Citizens to be Heard