There’s nothing on the agenda for last night’s Valdosta City Council meeting about the recent flooding or the Withlacoochee Wastewater Treatment Plant or the raw sewage in neighborhoods or downstream all the way to the Gulf, but quite a bit was said last night anyway; video to follow. Here’s the agenda. -jsq
REGULAR MEETING OF THE VALDOSTA CITY COUNCIL
5:30 PM Thursday, March 7, 2013
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
- Opening Ceremonies
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag
- Awards and Presentations
- Consideration of the March, 2013 Employee of the Month Award (Jeffrey Talley, Fire Department).
- Minutes Approval
- Valdosta City Council – Regular Meeting – Feb 21, 2013 5:30 PM
- Public Hearings
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone 0.5 acres from Single-Family Residential (R-6) zoning to Multi-Family Residential (R-M) zoning as requested by Jim Sineath (File No. VA-2013-01). The property is located at 411 West Mary Street. The Greater Lowndes Planning Commission reviewed this request at their February Regular Meeting and recommended approval (7-0 vote).
- Bids, Contracts, Agreements and Expenditures
- Consideration of a request to approve the 2014 Southern Hospitality Group Workcamp Agreement.
- Local Funding and Requests
- Consideration of a request to approve the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Fiscal Year 2013 Annual Action Plan.
- Consideration of bids for the Georgia Department of Transportation Local Maintenance and Improvement Grant Program (LMIG) for street resurfacing.
- City Manager’s Report
- Council Comments
- Citizens to be Heard