REGULAR MEETING OF THE VALDOSTA CITY COUNCIL
5:30 PM Thursday, November 10, 2011
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
- Opening Ceremonies
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag
- Awards and Presentations
- Consideration of the November, 2011 Employee of the Month Award (William Jeff Henley, Utilities Department).
- Minutes Approval
- Thursday, October 20, 2011
- Public Hearings
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone 3.25 acres from Highway-Commercial (C-H) with conditions to Highway-Commercial (C-H) with different conditions for buffer requirements as requested by Hand Properties, Inc. (File No. VA-2011-23). The property is located along the east side of Brookfield Drive, south of Inner Perimeter Road. The Planning Commission reveiwed this request at the regular October meeting and recommended approval (8-0 vote).
- Ordinances and Resolutions
- Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the Grass and Weeds Ordinance.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to repeal and replace the Demolition Lien Ordinance.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to repeal and replace the current Alcohol Ordinance. (First Reading)
- Bids, Contracts, Agreements and Expenditures
- Consideration of bids for the new elevated storage tank located at Savannah Avenue and Fry Street.
- Consideration of bids for the maintenance of stormwater retention ponds and canals throughout the City.
- Local Funding and Requests
- Consideration of a request to abandon an easement in Pebblewood Subdivision.
- Boards, Commissions, Authorities, and Advisory Committees
- Consideration of appointments to the Central Valdosta Development Authority/ Downtown Development Authority.
- Consideration of appointments to the Valdosta Housing Authority.
- Consideration of appointments to the Valdosta-Lowndes County Conference Center & Tourism Authority.
- Consideration of an appointment to the Valdosta-Lowndes County Industrial Authority.
- City Manager’s Report
- Council Comments
- Citizens to be Heard