Hot topic Impediments to Fair Housing returns to the Valdosta City Council tonight:
5.a. Consideration of a request to establish a Fair Housing Committee.
I’m told they’re going to appoint members to that committee tonight. More about that from their 5 April 2012 meeting.
They will also consider bids, grants, and taxes, and make a couple of award presentations.
Here’s the agenda.
REGULAR MEETING OF THE VALDOSTA CITY COUNCIL
5:30 PM Thursday, July 19, 2012
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
- Opening Ceremonies
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag
- Awards and Presentations
- Special introduction of Tim Riddle, Executive Director of the Valdosta-Lowndes County Conference Center & Tourism Authority.
- Special Presentation of the 2012 Southern Hospitality Group Workcamp.
- Minutes Approval
- Thursday, July 05, 2012
- Bids, Contracts, Agreements and Expenditures
- Consideration of bids for the Georgia Department of Transportation Local Maintenance and Improvement Grant (LMIG) Program for road resurfacing.
- Consideration of a request to approve an Intergovernmental Agreement between Lowndes County, Valdosta, Hahira, Lake Park, Remerton, and Dasher for SPLOST VII.
- Local Funding and Requests
- Consideration of a request to establish a Fair Housing Committee.
- City Manager’s Report
- Council Comments
- Citizens to be Heard